what else do you buy?

woody d

BANNED
anyone who owns a Becker knows that these things are big and beefy. not exactly EDC knives except for the Necker maybe. so i ask, what other knives do you buy? me personally, i did collect Benchmade and have quite a few of them but they are rarely if ever brought out of their boxes. Nowadays ive went back to my roots and have got back into Buck knives. they were what all the kids wanted to have when i was growing up. it was something to be proud of, if you owned a 110, you were the envy of the neighborhood. while i patiently await a few new Beckers, im gonna try to pick up a few more Bucks and maybe another SAK or two.

Buck-119 special, 110, buck lite max
Geber-Fairbairn-Applegate, Evo, few others
Ontario-Sp-10 Marine raider
Ka bar

A few random Browning's.

The last 4 non Beckers have been an S1, H1, F2k, and the WM1 in 3G. All from FAllkniven. They Rock!!! And of course 10-15 of my own, made from O-1. :D

Else? What else is there?

Okay, I have a few others, but I seem to get by with Beckers and a SAK pretty well.

i only have a handful:

ontario spec plus sp-15
gerber folders (evo, evo jr., evo mid tanto), & lmf ii
ka-bar short tanto
becker bk2, bk9, bk11, u.s. made bk13/remora
victorinox trekker
esee 3 & 5

i want an esee 4 and maybe a junglas, the becker tweeners, and another bk2. that's pretty much all i want this year.

THAT is the response i was waiting for:D

LOL. I'm nothing, if not loyal and consistent.

Becker doesn't produce all the varieties of knives that I might want yet, but if I'm just patient, Ethan will get around to them.:D

Mainly
BUCK 184 BUCKMASTER
M9 BAYONETS
BECKER
PILOT SURVIVAL KNIVES
and many other survival knives I might like.
Addicted YES a knife collector for over 40 years

Last edited:
ESEE, Benchmade and Kershaw for knives. My RC-4 is my constant companion on hikes, my RC-5 rides in my GHB everyday. My EDC for the last 4 or 5 months has been a D2 Mini Griptillian.

After my BK9 my other have been Customs by the makers here on BF, Stomper & Sicily02 & Koyote...In the folders it's Spyderco's & Kersaw ZT's & a few Bucks & some Vic. SAKS .

I used to be a Cold Steel guy, but have since sold off just about everything of theirs to pay for my Beckers.

I just placed an order yesterday for my first Moras and an Opinel. Going to try the inexpensive/high quality route for a while and see how it goes.

i did buy Chris Reeve when i could afford them, but have sold them off because they simply didnt do anything better than my Benchmades folders and my BK2, no lie. ive had Gerber, Spyderco, Kershaw (all sold), some old Camillus (which i wont get rid of), and i have a couple Case knives (theyre staying too). like i said, im focusing on some US made Bucks, SAKs, Beckers, and maybe a KaBar or two. i will admit this one, i bought a case of ammo awhile back and the dealer threw in the little Laserlyte/KaBar bayonet. most have laughed at me, but it is a neat novelty i plan on keeping.

Recently bought a Hultafors and i bought a Svord peasant knife about Christmas time...everything else i generally trade for or toward more Beckers. If i do actually purchase it goes Becker, then Mora, then everything else.

Whole heartedly believe Becker is the best in the business...

Back