What Fiddleback Forge knife are you totin' today?

Zpfqhn.jpg

Strangely enough, this one.

When I found it locked away and tarnished in a box of Tolkien inspired photo props, that I have no memories of locking away apparently a few years ago, in a file cabinet downstairs. And toted it upstairs to the table in the studio and stared at it for a while.

Contemplating all that has happened in the nearly three years since I quit buying props and accoutrements accessories to help with images inspired by a fictional war, and started buying tools and accoutrements to help with my survivng documenting the regional bits and pieces of a very similar sort of unconventional and assymmetrical nonfictional one.

Tolkien found his inspirations for Sauron in WW-I, with the inspirations for Mordor in the gunfire, chemical warfare, and flamethrowers of the trench warfare on the western front, and then the enemy was defeated... for a time.

“Always after a defeat and a respite, the Shadow takes another shape and grows again."
~J.R.R. Tolien via Gandalf to Frodo in Chapter 2 "The Shadow of The Past" of The Fellowship of The Ring

I hope someday we find the capability to finally defeat the Sauron of our world.

Last edited:
Strangely enough, this one.

When I found it locked away and tarnished in a box of Tolkien inspired photo props, that I have no memories of locking away apparently a few years ago, in a file cabinet downstairs. And toted it upstairs to the table in the studio and stared at it for a while.

Contemplating all that has happened in the nearly three years since I quit buying props and accoutrements accessories to help with images inspired by a fictional war, and started buying tools and accoutrements to help with my survivng documenting the regional bits and pieces of a very similar sort of unconventional and assymmetrical nonfictional one.

Tolkien found his inspirations for Sauron in WW-I, with the inspirations for Mordor in the gunfire, chemical warfare, and flamethrowers of the trench warfare on the western front, and then the enemy was defeated... for a time.

“Always after a defeat and a respite, the Shadow takes another shape and grows again."
~J.R.R. Tolien via Gandalf to Frodo in Chapter 2 "The Shadow of The Past" of The Fellowship of The Ring

I hope someday we find the capability to finally defeat the Sauron of our world.
70601341_6523137167749210823_n-vi.jpg
Good to see you’re still out there in the world Brother! I still have that Tops edc that you designed with your name on it!

Good to see you’re still out there in the world Brother! I still have that Tops edc that you designed with your name on it!
Thank you Brother! Good to still be here in the world, for a while there I was starting to expect not to be by this point in time, Things got a bit hairy for a while. I guess I either photographed, or came to close to photographing, something worth killing for. I'm glad you still have it! I hope it somehow serves you well!

Back