What happened here ?

Buh bye. Sneaking back in is not the answer. If I was SOG, I would not want to have you and your behavior representing anything.

If he wants to write me as an adult, he is welcome to do so. Depending upon what he writes, he might be allowed back in. Right now he is just being a normal troll. If he writes with the normal troll excuses that will not work.

Last edited:
From an outsider looking in, the "SOG DOG" club with "alpha dogs" was rather immature. Having the SOG forum here to discuss things you all have in common is your club. There is no rank, or "alpha's", there is just a group of like minded individuals congregating in one forum. The only person in any leadership role would be the representative of SOG, and that role would be to keep the people in line, answer technical questions, and if he chooses so, to do contests and judge them.

If you all spend enough time here discussing things with each other you will build a friendly community that is inviting to others that may be interested in similar things and join you in discussion. But having an exclusive club with "self appointed alphas" will just keep people away.

Just my opinion.

Best regards,

Tony

From an outsider looking in, the "SOG DOG" club with "alpha dogs" was rather immature. Having the SOG forum here to discuss things you all have in common is your club. There is no rank, or "alpha's", there is just a group of like minded individuals congregating in one forum. The only person in any leadership role would be the representative of SOG, and that role would be to keep the people in line, answer technical questions, and if he chooses so, to do contests and judge them.

If you all spend enough time here discussing things with each other you will build a friendly community that is inviting to others that may be interested in similar things and join you in discussion. But having an exclusive club with "self appointed alphas" will just keep people away.

Just my opinion.

Best regards,

Tony

You are correct. And I like the Idea of Chris setting up contests, and answering technical questions if he so chooses. It's the best way to keep the forum on and even keel and moving in a positive direction. Lets hope we never have to read the word ALFA AGAIN!!!! This Forum is all things Sog, nothing else.

Robbie, People forgot that this is a place to talk about SOG knives and using them. Speaking of that, the neighbors gave me some mutton last night which is simmering in a dutch oven with onions, herbs and spices. My Hunter Revolver was used to dice the onion and when the time comes, it will be used again to cut up the rest of the veggies. It's one sweet slicer!! :thumbup:

I love the daily drama that unfolds everyday when I visit the SOG forum. :D

Too many members that are new, suddenly singing the sing tune raised my suspicions loonnng ago. The wife/GF thing doesn't do it for me. Hell if I'm a girl I wouldn't spend 5 mins typing out a long post to a bunch of guys I don't know on a forum that I haven't the slightest clue regarding what is going on. Unless you're Amy from Busse. :)

It's sad that the SOG forum has degraded to such a state.

Can we seriously move on?

I appreciate all the replies and comments. :)

I finally got up enough nerve to read all the post in the last month and wished I had not...........I am truly sorry everyone had to read and try to understand all the weird stuff just put on these forums when it could have been so simple and easy and fun.

I have read lots of different forums over the years but this is by far the most annoying and mind altering reading (to me) I have ever done because none of it made any sense and should have NEVER been talked about or brought out on these forums.

I just can't understand what in the heck went wrong.

I am still in shock..........I just hope we can put this behind us and move on.

HELLO ESAV AND BASTID and thanks so much for your insight and rescues......:eek:

Not sure what to do now..........:(

Robbie Roberson.

Robbie, we talk about using our knives. BTW My Tigershark is really good at cutting willows and the like. :D

Folks, tattoo steve was just another member using this subform until 1 day Bored to death quit and bequethed his throne to him. it was all b.s. And I think only a couple folks took it seriously. He wasn't the leader or alpha for more than 1 day and it was a bunch o' crap anyway.

Just a whole lot of drama infecting every single thread on this subfrm.

Folks, tattoo steve was just another member using this subform until 1 day Bored to death quit and bequethed his throne to him. it was all b.s. And I think only a couple folks took it seriously. He wasn't the leader or alpha for more than 1 day and it was a bunch o' crap anyway.

Just a whole lot of drama infecting every single thread on this subfrm.

You have a definite talent for summing things up succinctly.
:thumbup:

SOG DOG #2

The SOG DOGs is a good idea and I was letting it run to see what happened. Apparently I let the dogs off leash for too long (sorry for the pun had to do it). Moving forward there will still be a SOG DOGs group. I'll be in charge of the group and will be organizing contests, giveaways and things like that. I'll be happy to take ideas and suggestions as to what the community wants. After all this group is for you the fans/users, so I'll be looking for input on how everyone feels about it. My suggestion is to move on and let's forget about and stop discussing the rocky start it had. The sooner that happens the sooner it will go away.

Look for a contest announcement later this week.

Look for a contest announcement later this week.
Standing by. Now, am I ineligible to win again because of the first contest? seems like it was talked about but can't remember by whom.

Everything will resets as of now. Starting with the next contest I will implement the you can't win two in a row.

The SOG DOGs is a good idea and I was letting it run to see what happened. Apparently I let the dogs off leash for too long (sorry for the pun had to do it). Moving forward there will still be a SOG DOGs group. I'll be in charge of the group and will be organizing contests, giveaways and things like that. I'll be happy to take ideas and suggestions as to what the community wants. After all this group is for you the fans/users, so I'll be looking for input on how everyone feels about it. My suggestion is to move on and let's forget about and stop discussing the rocky start it had. The sooner that happens the sooner it will go away.

Chris, when you get things going again, please let me know how I can become a UBER MEGA DOG. :p That distinction is missing from my super signature. :D :D

SuperSignature.jpg

Back