What Happened?

DID YOU SELL THE OLD CONCOURS?
Yes - I sold it for $500 and the requirement that the buyer take a couple of my basket cases away with him.

One of my Illinois neighbors is letting me drive his 2017 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Dually down this weekend - so this'll be a big trip - I can load that puppy down with 31000lbs of towing capability! Thanks a bunch to Larry - my old Colorado was definitely working hard to pull those 6'x12' trailers loaded down with our stuff. I can tell it's shifting differently than it did before the three runs to Winchester.

I am going to make this trip count with that hauling monster!

I have to be down in Winchester by 3pm Saturday so Comcast can come out and figure out why there is no internet to the house. I did notice there is no data splitter on the outside of the home, which they were supposed to have already installed so we'll see if they messed up or I just can't hook up a coaxial cable....

The plan now is to take the cats down in a rental van, me driving my truck again loaded with stuff but no trailer, and then getting the cats associated into their new house. Once there and unloaded, we'll drive to Atlanta for the Blade show, and then head back to TN, check the cats, and then to Illinois where I will ride my Concours 14 back down to TN - and that will be the switching point when I now stay in TN and come to Illinois to get stuff.

Other than that, I am just being lazy....:p

best

mqqn

Nice blade Andy! Congratulations!

How many motorcycles do you own now?
I bought a ninja 250 back in the day and after laying it over
twice in an hour I decided motor bikes weren’t for me...

Poor thing, it was brand new and shiny before I bought it...
I layed it over on both sides breaking off both mirrors and turn signals.
The moral of the story, don’t buy a brand new motorcycle if you don’t know how to ride...

(I was young and dumb and assumed if I could ride a bicycle,
why not a motorcycle?)

Hi Russ -

I am down to 7 total - and all of them actually run, the project bikes are all gone along with some runners.
I started riding in Buffalo NY around the age of 9 - and have a had a bike almost all the time since then.
I now ride a 2015 1400 Concours, a 2006 FXDI Super Glide and a KTM 300 MX/C -

I have many friends who realized right away that two-wheelers were not for them. All good - there are plenty of other options to spend money on nowadays....

best

mqqn

I’ve always liked motorcycles, my Dad had a Triumph Tridant
750 back when I was little, fast bike back then.

DID YOU SELL THE OLD CONCOURS?
Yes - I sold it for $500 and the requirement that the buyer take a couple of my basket cases away with him

I now hate you!:)

I'm off for the 3 day weekend, do you need a copilot?

Did you pay the Illinois exit tax? (It has been proposed, I hear)

I had your kind of energy when I was younger...like 19!

I saw the first season. Wife was an addict, so I heard lots of stuff thru the wall into my office.

Kind of looks like basically most of the “regulars” are gone. Someone mentioned to me that I’m wasting time staying here on BF, that it’s dead. I figure I’m paid up until 2020 so might as well stick around.

Kind of looks like basically most of the “regulars” are gone. Someone mentioned to me that I’m wasting time staying here on BF, that it’s dead. I figure I’m paid up until 2020 so might as well stick around.

I remember the change happened when they broke up the old WSS. It was fun looking at gear and knives and chatting with the regular people doing their thing and sharing knowledge. It got weird after that, seemed to be more about how many knife makers they could sign up instead of being a forum about knife users.

Or maybe I’m just an old curmudgeon.

I think you have it right, I was a causal poster for years, I mostly just lurked, enjoying the conversations and gaining knowledge, now the “spark” is gone.

Back