What have you done with your Hinderer TODAY....

Time for a new thread.....:) Great if accompanied by Pics but, Stories are good too. Don't forget about your Pens and such as well.
My sad story of the day is, it appears as though I have misplaced my pen (hopefully it will turn up)
On a positive note, my 3" slicer made short work of cutting sections of garden hose to make DIY handles for my Jeep hardtop hoist I fashioned in my garage. Now one-man hardtop removal and reiinstall as well as storage out of the way is possible. Some rope and four(4) pullies... WaLa!

It is nice to have my knife at the ready, cut the rope, tape, garden hose and the felt for padding on my DIY Door Caddies that my disembodied doors ride around on when separated from Momma Jeep.
I had the idea for this after I left this morning so I will update with Pics later of the handy work my trusty XM enabled me to accomplish.

So, What have You done with your Hinderer TODAY? :)

Today... My XM has cut some tape and stripped some #4 ground wire to terminate on a pipe clamp and ground rod clamp for a fellow IBEW retiree.
I'm glad to see and hear that I can retire and enjoy myself some what. Plus it's good to chat with the good ol' boys in the trade.
And I suck no pics for now...
I have also opened some hard plastic packages for a new security latch for my utility van.

Saved my Bacon (from cooking) 90* and my "not so old" air conditioner gave up. Had to go get a new one. Hope it's as well made as it was held hostage by packing straps.
Wish Hinderer made appliances :)

The Investigator has been in use all day long. Being a desk jockey I really have to go out of my way to get some "hard use" out of my XM between the hours of 8-5pm. It's pretty hot out here in UT so my mid afternoon snack was terrified when I pulled the 3.5 slicer out. :eek:

Average life expectancy of window/wall air conditioner is 10 years, life expectancy of Hinderer XM is 3 or 4 generations!

Average life expectancy of window/wall air conditioner is 10 years, life expectancy of Hinderer XM is 3 or 4 generations!

Not on my rentals! I spray paint them fluorescent orange and engrave my phone number on them, and some still grow legs.

F.O. - I got "porked" this thing was like 3 years old. Man-o-Man is some of todays stuff - "crap".

Thank God for my right pocket contents..... Hinderer, HDS, Jeep key and some special items in my wallet VA I.D. , CC Permit, my original active duty I.D., PSU mini-diploma,
some cash ..... and pictures.
Stuff that used to last for 30+ years now lasts 7-9 (maybe) like I said, I wish RHK made ALL the stuff I need - maybe they do ;)

Not on my rentals! I spray paint them fluorescent orange and engrave my phone number on them, and some still grow legs.

I wasn't talking about theft. I know what you mean though, I stopped providing that type of amenity in my apts. awhile ago.

Well, I didn't expect this when I started this thread today.

What can your Hinderer Do? Well, it can serve as a discussion piece for a nine year old Boy that just lost his Mom to Cancer.
I came home this evening as was met at the door by one of my nephews (he is 9 and his name is Richard) Richard says, "Uncle Scott, How was your day?"
I told him "good".
I asked Kim (my Wife) "What's up?" She gave me the head nod to the study.
We have Richard for awhile, Darleen lost her fight today. With those words, I realized a little boy's life had changed in a way that I found hard to deal with at 50.
So, what do you do? I took him for a ride in the Jeep to my private mountain lake that I have shared pics with you guys - and we talked as much as he wanted.
We ran and walked and I showed him how to use a knife for whittling while thinking and made him promise that he would only do that with uncle scott until I said he was ready.
We made a deal that he would try his best in school and be a good boy and ANY time he wanted to come visit his uncle scott he could and we would go for a ride in the Jeep and go visit "our place".
His Mom's funeral is tomorrow and he is writing our "deal" down so he doesn't forget it (his idea) my heart is broken for this little guy.
No Pics, just a story. Matbe another day.

Compelling story, the boy will be fine, he appears to have great people around him and a great name to boot.

By the way, I am available to visit your mountain lake...just saying.

Wow Rubi.... Poor kid... Sounds like he has some great people around to lead him... You are a great Uncle Rubi Scott!

I'm thinking RDA is feeling left out... ;)

So sad to hear about his mother, life just doesn't make sense at times. Richard is so lucky to have you as an uncle to help him through his sorrow and to watch over him, god bless you!

My thoughts and prayers are with your Nephew and your family Rubi. Glad to hear that the boys has a strong support system to help him to get though this very difficult time.

Compelling story, the boy will be fine, he appears to have great people around him and a great name to boot.

By the way, I am available to visit your mountain lake...just saying.

#sleeplessnightproblems

My heart goes out to your family and especially your nephew. I'm glad that he has you as an uncle. You are a good man Rubi.

Little guy is asleep on the couch. Ride in the Jeep and the Andy Griffith Show - He's snoring sound asleep.
God bless him, his Mom was the best thing in his life. Brothers are stoners and his Dad is either working (cook) or drunk.
No way I'm letting this little guy's life get wasted with no hope or future.
Oh boy....

A lucky young man to have an uncle Scott looking out for him......great that he has family during a difficult time in his life

Dammit, the good among us rises to the surface. Rubi, the little one is lucky to have you. I hope those around him step up after seeing your efforts.

Getting the little man ready to go. Kim is doing what she does best - Mothering. Giving him a bath and I can attest to how clean he will be.
After shoulder surgery a couple years ago I was always nice and shiney.
I'll take Richard to his Mom's Funeral in the Jeep, Thank God the weather is nice and the Tops will be off so at least there is that...
I watch him and talk to him, the little guy is tough to read.
Odd relationship his Parents had, together for 30+ years and close but odd. The night she passed, she called hime and said, "Where you at?" and as was usual he said, "On my way"
They always did this even though they both knew he never was really - on his way, Kim does the same thing to me. The kids and I then bet how long really it will be.
So, this time she says, "No really, where are you?" "On my way Babe" he says.
the reply was, "Well you won't make it in time, I love you. Good-bye". and that was it.

They were never allowed to say good-bye, 30+ years it was ok to say see ya or I love you or whatever, never good-bye.
That's about all I have to say about that, guess it speaks for itself.
Only other thing I found interesting about the last year, when she was diagnosed the Doctor said she had 3 weeks and her husband begged her for one last Christmas.
She lasted 2 days and a year.
Her husband planted her a little tree out by where she would sit in the sun, called it her Charlie Brown tree.
Darleen died Saturday night - today the tree is too.

Sorry about the thread hi-jack but it was a "what I did with my Hinderer" when little man showed up. Feel free -lets get this back on track with some pics and stories of what You did with your Hinderer Today :)

Back