what is a kwaiken

Status
Not open for further replies.
before anybody gets in deeper take another look at my kwaikens . the only one i'm attempting to make a fool of is myself . i'll give you a hint on one i think is japanese is marked toshiro company

Still at it I see.
Bill, post a pictue of this knife. So far all the knife photos you've posted have been unmarked in terms of maker/brand/COO.
And, none of them have even appeared to me to be Japanese knives, a view also expressed by several members here at BF already.
So if you now have a knife with Japanese written on it, I'll tell you. You don't have to strain your brain guessing.

Last edited:
Still at it I see.
Bill, post a pictue of this knife. So far all the knife photos you've posted have been unmarked in terms of maker/brand/COO.
And, none of them have even appeared to me to be Japanese knives, a view also expressed by several members here at BF already.
So if you now have a knife with Japanese written on it, I'll tell you. You don't have to strain your brain guessing.
sorry i thought i put up additional pictures , I still can't put them up myself . have to rely on my son and my health , this is my death poem hop i finish . sorry to be rude i got a theory and i want it proved or disproved , don't care which . So i had to get expert criticism , as much as possible . what does anybody know about this timeframe . i'll pay my son and try to get them up today . yes in my opinion anything marked japan from this time period is rare . before i share my theory give me some more info to help me strengthen it . if you got the first post the one on the top right with the colored side out . that one is marked japan , the tashiro is in my second post got to be from this 30's period ? i have been a collector of these for 30 years and i found twenty . sorry i do'nt own my collection anymore , igave it away to my family so no more pictures. try to blow them up . i only have one advantage here i have tried to study , no info ? The stakes don't matter to me , but they are huge for my family . since i am at least amusing you guys , tip all your friends to me getting squashed like the pittiful bug i am . after all musashi fought 61 duels , many to the death to prove a point . Kensei but also a low class pennyless ronan who never bathed because he was afraid to be surprised unarmed . that's me but i want to fight my 61 duels right here and the only death will be mine . since i want to remain amusing and in honor of my chinese collection how about something from sun tzu if you know your enemy and you know yourself you need not fear disaster in one hundred battles

Please post photos of the marked knives, the whole knife and a close up of the markings. Thanks.

Bill, please post a clear, close-up picture of the mark in this thread.
i do love the polish second only to the japanese . my proudest possession is a ww 2 calvary saber ,you know why . those calvary guys are cool anyway , ask me any question you want , don't really no anything just guessing

can we start over , nobody knew me so i had to introduce myself . when i set out buying what i thougt was occupied japan i figured i was only going to prove 2 things , a fool and his money are soon parted and there's is a sucker born every minute . i was aware they were totally dismissed as low quality tourist junk and yes thats still the opinion . then it started arriving and no 2 items were exactly the same all a liittle different like those Kwaikens i posted , since none are the same could they be handmade , because they are japanese ? the occupied japan stuff starts with the the green , red and purple plaastic and aluminum copies of the us mark one bayonet . The quality is all over the place , they are a mismatch of leftover parts , it is a short time frame and they are rarer than you think any getting rarer by the day . i can't aford to collect samuari swords and don't claim misumune made any of my stuff . i was forced to collect those and then fell into this whole ladies dagger folly to attempt to answer my own questions . i do think it is a piece of history , maybe even japanese that could let more people own a piece of that history . Samuari is also about money , i'm not trying to make any here it's read it or not read it , read the expert criticism i'm begging for then make your own decision do't believe me or anyone else . i think this stuff is worth saving only looking for a single convert to help me , that is what i doing this for cause i won't be around to do it myself . got to remember the guys who made the swords wern't samuari they were artisans , technically below peasant altho masters some time were awarded a wakizashi equal to a doctor
i was dead for billions and billions of years before i was born . and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it Mark twain

can we start over , nobody knew me so i had to introduce myself . when i set out buying what i thougt was occupied japan i figured i was only going to prove 2 things , a fool and his money are soon parted and there's is a sucker born every minute . i was aware they were totally dismissed as low quality tourist junk and yes thats still the opinion . then it started arriving and no 2 items were exactly the same all a liittle different like those Kwaikens i posted , since none are the same could they be handmade , because they are japanese ? the occupied japan stuff starts with the the green , red and purple plaastic and aluminum copies of the us mark one bayonet . The quality is all over the place , they are a mismatch of leftover parts , it is a short time frame and they are rarer than you think any getting rarer by the day . i can't aford to collect samuari swords and don't claim misumune made any of my stuff . i was forced to collect those and then fell into this whole ladies dagger folly to attempt to answer my own questions . i do think it is a piece of history , maybe even japanese that could let more people own a piece of that history . Samuari is also about money , i'm not trying to make any here it's read it or not read it , read the expert criticism i'm begging for then make your own decision do't believe me or anyone else . i think this stuff is worth saving only looking for a single convert to help me , that is what i doing this for cause i won't be around to do it myself . got to remember the guys who made the swords wern't samuari they were artisans , technically below peasant altho masters some time were awarded a wakizashi equal to a doctor
i was dead for billions and billions of years before i was born . and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it Mark twain
Why are you starting a new rambling thread when you promised to post pictures of this alleged "tashiro" knife over in the Gallery subforum?
Post more pictures Bill. Type less nonsense.

Last edited:
wait, you have to pay your son to post online pics? My head hurts from slapping my forehead.

I think we're done here...(at least for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back