What is better than the Holidays??? . . . . . LEFTOVERS ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grab bags have always worked out great for me, great keep, trade or sell options. Im forced to sit these out but Im in for the vicarious enjoyment. Always fun to see what the shop puts together, especially the unique pieces they throw in.

I dunno about that. I’ve had good experience trading what I didn’t want for what I did want. Wouldn’t have been possible without the grab bags. Not to mention the Alpha Regulator I got in mine. That wasn’t a blade I had any interest in when it came out, but now that I have one in hand, it is one of my favorites. Wouldn’t have been possible without the grab bags. Then there’s that Custom Shop Urgent Fury that accompanied the Alpha Regulator. A stunning sight to behold, and one that was never offered direct from the shop. Again, wouldn’t have been possible without the grab bags.

for me it's the price of USD => CAD => Shipping => Custom Fee => Tax => !!!o_O!!!

i would take a 1k bag if it was 1k for me ... but after all the above it can reach 1.5k if not more

and of course after that i need the sheath, repeat the above :confused:

:(

That^
There are just too many things that could be wrong...even if I got a knife I want, odds are that I wouldn't like the handle. Then I'd have to deal with getting rid of it/them.

I can relate, as Ive traded or sold every knife I ever got in the three grab bags I bought. If you absolutely hate selling or trading and don't want to take a chance, then you'll want to pass, but, if you don't mind packing and shipping, the discount and variety allow you to price for a quick sale, or decent trade. I didn't take to any of the knives in my bags but I was still happy how it worked out.

I can see both sides of this issue. My Best Busse Friend (BBF), wants to pick his own knives. I rather like the Mystery of the Grab Bags. At an older age, it’s a bit of excitement in my life.

Plus I do like the “automatic equity” of the pricing. I’m not going to lose money on these. And though I may occasionally get an offering I wouldn’t necessarily purchase on my own - they are Bussekin - and worthy of collecting.

for me it's the price of USD => CAD => Shipping => Custom Fee => Tax => !!!o_O!!!

i would take a 1k bag if it was 1k for me ... but after all the above it can reach 1.5k if not more

Sorry I already have plenty on my plate as I have one of each of the TGULB and have already done the above mentioned.Not about to do it again - it really hurts the wallet.

My 1k grab bag with conversion, shipping and customs came out to 1868$.

So yeah ... I do feel your pain! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back