What is Forged...Stag...Gold & Blue ??

and if you put url /url with [] on both sides around your website in your profile it will turn into a hyperlink that people can click on!! :p

Ladies and gents, when I ordered this piece from Bailey I fully intended to keep it as part of my collection. But I may have to sell it because the tax man wants a lot more money than I thought this year:barf: So if you are interested in it e-mail me. It isn't even here yet so no new pics.

That's another great one, Bailey. I never get tired of your work. Congrats to Gary for the knife, too!

Please get that tent up and going and feel free to call on me or Murray sometime. We're here for you.

Coop

Thanks Coop,

Our own Roger P. sent me the link from the forums that describes Murray's set up. I made a light box similar to his and will get lights next time I am in town. I tested it with direct sunlight and it made a huge difference.

My next question would be about cameras. I have an outdated Sony Mavica, and am looking to buy a new digital, but don't have a clue as to which would best suit my needs. Any thoguhts?

Bailey i gotta say your range in knifemaking is unequaled, awesome work my freind.

Bailey

I like the Nikon 995. If you can find it or the 990 they would be at a reduced price but you could consider the latest version which I think is the 4300 or 4700. If you are planning on doing prints, the larger the print, the more megapixels you will want. If you only want some thing for web pages and forums then you don't need what the newer versions are capable of.

Thinks that you will want as noted in the thread.

Assume the Nikon 995 or equivalent Nikon.
Extra Battery
A/C adapter
if you plan to use the camera for other photography like vacations etc. keep an eye out for good prices of additional higher capactity storage cards. The one included will probably do when you are doing knives as you simply upload to the computer when the card is full. Remember you are not using the highest resolution when doing the images. I use UXGA/Fine.

Make sure whatever camera you decide upon has minimum of 3:1 zoom, macro to within inches (the Nikon I believe is to within 1/2")
You want something that is simple and the 995 I use is used on Auto all the time. Have a camera that the monitor can be turned off and all the data showing can be turned off easily. the Nikon 5000 does not seem to be so easy.

The camera should have a self timer with both short and longer duration countdown ability. No point in waiting 10 sec when 3 will do for knives.

A ball/socket head tripod and there are now a couple available for lightweight digital camera usage. I use the Manfrotto 719B but there is a nice one by Velbon out now if I recall correctly.

I LOVE IT! :)

By the way, GET READY, I'm coming for a visit!;)

Simply gorgeous Bailey..., just a spectacular looking knife.., thanks for the pictures, and don't feel too badly about the pictures.., many of us suck in that domain... :)

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

ExamonLyf--no one has to suck at taking photos of knives. Look in Gallery and find the thread started by "Boink" and there is lots of info and photos there that will teach anyone how to take good knife photos. Rich Slaughter is following the ideas presented there and is doing incredible photos and he had never had a camera of any kind until Feb 2003.

Back