What is it about this damn knife-

Status
Not open for further replies.
-that makes me want one so bad?

A few weeks ago I realized all of the Wal-mart knives I had around the house that I carried somehow managed to disappear.

I asked a motorcycle forum and a garage forum I'm on what knives those guys carried, and I ended up getting linked here.

After making my first thread in the general forum *here* someone mentioned the HEST folder. After I saw that, I knew what my new EDC would be.

Just seems a little strange to me that of the hundred other recommendations, this one almost jumped off the page. I thought I'd spend about $50 on my new knife, but I've just sold a spoiler that was laying around and some other various old electronics on eBay to make up the difference, and I'm going to own one of these bastards when they show up.

/End useless rant :D

You can get some great folders for around $50 no doubt, but the HEST folder is going to be very special and a favorite EDC for anyone that gets one. A big factor is the fact that ESEE and DPx are both involved, that alone just about says it all.

You can get some great folders for around $50 no doubt, but the HEST folder is going to be very special and a favorite EDC for anyone that gets one. A big factor is the fact that ESEE and DPx are both involved, that alone just about says it all.

esee is no longer involved. its all dpx and lionsteel now

~~the HEST folder is ...... A big factor is the fact that ESEE and DPx are both involved~~~
As you are a dealer, I am somewhat surprised that you would continue to say this.

And also continue to advertise, on your site; the HEST as well as the HEST/F as an ESEE product.

The separation was made public a while back, yet the misinformation continues. It is no wonder the average consumer who is not on BF 24/7 gets confuse. :)

In all fairness, you are not the only dealer doing this ether. So this is not meant as a slam to you.... :) ... Maybe more of a question to dealers at large????

Either way.. I think it is gonna be a heck of a knife....... :thumbup:

As you are a dealer, I am somewhat surprised that you would continue to say this.

And also continue to advertise, on your site; the HEST as well as the HEST/F as an ESEE product.

The separation was made public a while back, yet the misinformation continues. It is no wonder the average consumer who is not on BF 24/7 gets confuse. :)

In all fairness, you are not the only dealer doing this ether. So this is not meant as a slam to you.... :) ... Maybe more of a question to dealers at large????

I have wondered about this as well. I figure the dealers just want to get through this first sale of folders before changing things. Possibly a soother transition?

I have wondered about this as well. I figure the dealers just want to get through this first sale of folders before changing things. Possibly a soother transition?
That could be it, I don't quite know. :) .. :confused:

And really, it is the vast majority of dealers that are still advertising them as ESEE.

It does seem [to me anyway] the sooner the difference is recognized and advertised correctly... the sooner the confusion and mis conceptions will end.

But hey, either way I think it is gonna be a great knife.... :)

I think the problem there may be that Jeff and Mike...ESEE were there during the R&D, manufacture, and promotion of the first DPx knives and then during the R&D and promotion of the folder. I don't think the dealers have a clear idea of how to go about just removing them from the marketing equation now.

Maybe the clean break will come with the reviews of the folder as a DPx product and DPx as the separate entity that it is. Then all of the "no ESEE is not involved in the production of DPx knives anymore" can be gotten out of the way. Then starting from the outset with fresh promotions for the DPx HEST II and the other DPx products that are coming.

Last edited:

i'm guessing that most dealers are not also web developers, so they have someone else maintain and update the website.

the SHOT show is in three weeks, and many companies introduce new stuff there, sooooo many vendors are probably waiting until after the show to update their sites with new products, etc.

but there's some sites that still show images of the Rat Cutlery branded knives, and the name was changed to ESEE sometimes about a year ago.

splits, mergers,. name changes, new products, dropped products and more are just some of the challenges to keeping stuff updated. often, the enthusiasts know more about what's going on than some vendors... and it's like that in many different fields, not just knives.

I think the problem there may be that Jeff and Mike...ESEE were there during the R&D, manufacture, and promotion of the first DPx knives and then during the R&D and promotion of the folder. I don't think the dealers have a clear idea of how to go about just removing them from the marketing equation now.

Maybe the clean break will come with the reviews of the folder as a DPx product and DPx as the separate entity that it is. Then all of the "no ESEE is not involved in the production of DPx knives anymore" can be gotten out of the way. Then starting from the outset with fresh promotions for the DPx HEST II and the other DPx products that are coming.

i'm guessing that most dealers are not also web developers, so they have someone else maintain and update the website.

the SHOT show is in three weeks, and many companies introduce new stuff there, sooooo many vendors are probably waiting until after the show to update their sites with new products, etc.

but there's some sites that still show images of the Rat Cutlery branded knives, and the name was changed to ESEE sometimes about a year ago.

splits, mergers,. name changes, new products, dropped products and more are just some of the challenges to keeping stuff updated. often, the enthusiasts know more about what's going on than some vendors... and it's like that in many different fields, not just knives.
:thumbup: Very valid points I had not thought about. :)

The DPx HEST is what it is and where it came from is also where it came from. But what it WILL BE is up to the users...the customers :))

The DPx HEST is what it is and where it came from is also where it came from. But what it WILL BE is up to the users...the customers :))

that's up there with Yoda's "No 'try', do or do not! Mmmm?" :D

Well it's not that complicated really, it's a well made, well designed knife at a great price, with great blade steel, titanium frame lock with a roto block lock stabilizer, that also has a glass breaker and a bottle opener feature that makes it possible to wave the knife open. It's just a whole lot of awesome in the same place. No mystery at all.

Thank you for the update, much appreciated.

Changes on site are being made as I write this.

Very well said Heelhook!

Well it's not that complicated really, it's a well made, well designed knife at a great price, with great blade steel, titanium frame lock with a roto block lock stabilizer, that also has a glass breaker and a bottle opener feature that makes it possible to wave the knife open. It's just a whole lot of awesome in the same place. No mystery at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back