What is the advantage of blunt nose pliers like swisstool's?

ckl

What is the pros of it? or the needle nose pliers are much better in general?

The bluntnose functioned as a boult driver voor nuts and boults, it's much easier to reply and maintain pressure.

If you ask me I would go for a needlenose, altough its less suited for nuts and boults It's much more versatile in meaning of grabing and maintain smaller objects, such as grabing a smal screw which fal in a small corner where your'e fingers are to thick to reach! :p

Hope I informed you well,

the Leatherman dude from holland!

I heard that you can use the pliers of swisstool as a hammer... Is it an advantage? :)

If you have true needle nose and are gripping something tight at the tip and turn you could twist the jaws almost overlaping them and cause them to break . At the end of the day needle nose are better for finer work and blunt nose for full on pressure and twisting . And yes the swisstool can and has been used for a hammer although i dont recommend it ;)

Dunc

dunc5 said:
If you have true needle nose and are gripping something tight at the tip and turn you could twist the jaws almost overlaping them and cause them to break . At the end of the day needle nose are better for finer work and blunt nose for full on pressure and twisting . And yes the swisstool can and has been used for a hammer although i dont recommend it ;)

Dunc

Oh... do you even saw a LM with bended jaws?

ckl said:
What is the pros of it? or the needle nose pliers are much better in general?

Needlenose pliers are better for gripping delicate items such as wires or those tiny screws that hold your computer or VCR together. They are also excellent at fishing out that tiny screw you've dropped into the depths of your computer's minitower.

Round or bluntnose pliers are made for applications required greater strength, such as plumbing repairs. If you must wrench loose a frozen nut, and you don't have a regular wrench handy, the SwissTool's roundnose pliers will do the job handily.

Roundnose pliers are also the bee's knees for prying those large, copper-colored heavy-duty staples out of the super-heavy cardboard boxes you're breaking down.

ckl said:
Oh... do you even saw a LM with bended jaws?

Yes on a LM PST when gripping something very tight in the tip and twisting , the bottom jaw nearly went past the top jaw but it did not break , after that the pliers were very very loose and i got rid of it .Not too long ago i nearly done this on my supertool 200 but backed off when i saw what was happening .

Dunc

Back