What is the cheapest knife you will carry?

I EDC a CRKT Denali. It's smooth, locks well, and has useful serrations, which I typically don't prefer. $29.

I bought a CRKT Pikes Peak, used, worked great, but gave it to a friend of mine. Liked it so much that I went out and bought another. The liner barely locked. I had to push it over whenever I used it.

On Wednesday I got my CRKT M16-13's, and whenever I flip them open, the liner is locked so tightly that I have a very hard time unlocking and closing it.

Is this a good thing with linerlocks? Something that will get better as I use the knife more?

What about the Pikes Peak? I believe I already asked a question about the liner lock of the Pikes Peak, please disregard that particular question.

silenthunterstudios said:
On Wednesday I got my CRKT M16-13's, and whenever I flip them open, the liner is locked so tightly that I have a very hard time unlocking and closing it.

Is this a good thing with linerlocks? Something that will get better as I use the knife more?

I had the same problem with mine. After a couple weeks of fliping open as hard as I could, it loosen up a bit. Now it's just right.

Victorinox soldier
Opinel #8
Mora fixed blades
Ontario machetes

Buy all of the above for 50 bucks.

My only carry knives:
- midsize Opinel, under $10
- AG Russell Hunters Scalpel, $20

-Bob

Least expensive knife I actually carry, not own, must be my Outdoor Edge Wedge II. $15, and this will out cut my Mora. The practical field sheath included in that price is probably what makes sure this one actually gets out of the house.

It's not worth it to buy an expensive sheath for a $12 knife, my Tomahawk machete's sheath is falling apart after only two months in the cargo area of my truck. Time to get out the duct tape. ;)

Cheapest knife I carry is a Microtech SOCOM (manual action). Actually it's the only knife I carry (sentimental value). I've given away all my cheaper folders to my kids and friends.

any old PoS...
but to the dump :D

As many have pointed out
cheap does NOT always = PoS

Victorinox SAKs are mostly very inexpensive - I like the Waiter model as a minimalist SAK which can be found new for under about $10.
53891_l.jpg

The fabulous Opinel #8 is about $9.......
123080.jpg

Both these knives with minimal correct sharpening will probably out-cut almost any other knife you can name.......

--
Vincent

http://UnknownVT2005.cjb.net
http://UnknownVT.cjb.net
http://UnknownVincent.cjb.net

The most inexpensive knife I carry is a Victorinox Hunter. Got it for $6.99 at Ebay. :D But my regular EDC is a Cold Steel drop point medium Trail Guide. Got it for $15.00 at a Gun Show.

What I actually carry is a Victorinox Adventurer model SAK. It costs about $20.00 plus shipping on the internet. I have a lot of fancier knives that won't do the job of the Adventurer. When I need to pry I just use one of the screwdriver blades. When I need to cut something the moderate thickness 3.25-inch blade does a heck of a job.

That's easy.....an Opinel.

Despite the fact that they are made by the French, I still really like them.;)

I guess the cheapest knife I carry for work is either a Timberline Kelly Worden Design large model or a Cold Steel Recon 1. The quality of these two blades is fine for work,they give me the confidence of having a decent cutting tool. :)

CPettersen@UnionMillwright.com

I have just discovered the wonderful world of sharp functional Fixed blades from Eriksson and Frosts!!

I chose the comfortable Rubber handled (and a couple of Plastic Handled) models in Carbon and Stainless. I purchased mine from Ragweed Forge and urge everyone to check them out. These knives are awesome and will amaze most folks for their Bang for the Buck qualities.

Back