What is the current lightest model?

If all things were equal [say all models with the same blade length] what is the current lightest model from HI?

Since they are individually made the weights (and length) seem to vary. The narrower martial designs (ex sirupate) will be lighter than chopper-oriented designs (ex ang khola). What style/length/weight are you interested in?

What fishface said. Also, in the last few years HI kamis have been turning out quite a few non-standard blades that combine features of the regular models, and some that are unique.

I have a number of HI swords, most of which are fairly heavy. My favorite, lately, is a strong but very light sword, pictured below. It was posted as a Tarwar, but is much slimmer and lighter weight than the standard HI Tarwar. It's 29.5" long and 19 oz, with a nice long handle. Feels more like a katana than a tarwar. The blade is light but strong due to deep, wide fullers.

I suggest that you send Yangdu an email detailing what you're interested in, and how you expect to use the blade. She can advise you about what is available.

TarwarLightweight29.5in-Anil19oz-02.jpg

Just FYI, the "14 inch 13 ounce Limbuwan by Anil" that Yangdu just posted is pretty darn light and fast.

Besides the sirupates, as mentioned, seems to be that also Kobras are generally the lightest. But we are all different. What's light for one, maybe too heavy for another. I have come to learn what's the lightest for me. In a full size kukri it's gotta be less than 27 ounces. Anything heavier than that is a wee much. Also, my preferences are also towards full tang (M43s, Chiruwa AKs).

Back