What is this Busse???

SALTY

Gold Member
I'm the Busse newbie. I got bitten by the bug and am infected.

I got a Busse Basic 9 off of a fellow Forumite. It has a smooth black coating on the blade and says, " Busse Combat" on the handles. What is it. My Natural Outlaw (first Busse) has a crinkle coating on it. Busse Basics I see on the net appear satin finished. Sooo, what is this that I have? I has an assymetric grind.

Hey Nim...

A Black bladed Basic 9 ???

Holy Crap,, you've got a Very Rare Basic 9 there Bud !!!

Naaa just play'N ya...
It's a plain ole Basic 9....
smile.gif

ttyle

Eric...

------------------
On/Scene Tactical
Leading The Way In Quality Synthetic Sheathing

When did they stop coating the Basics black?
How durable is the finish?
If I autograpgh it can I get $10,000 for it on eBay?

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited 02-27-2001).]

Hey Nim...

As far as I know,,they have always been black...

There may have been a few that were made with a different finish..

The one on my site looks satin,,but it is actually black.. Just glare in the picture makes it look that way...

10 G's.. ?? Hmmm Maybe..
smile.gif

ttyle

Eric...

------------------
On/Scene Tactical
Leading The Way In Quality Synthetic Sheathing

All the 9's I have and have seen in person have always been black. I've seen the pictures you're talking about and may buff down one of my basics in time after it wears, but for the most part, I really don't care much. They just keep going!

CJ

Even the banner that appears from time to time at the top of this veyr page shows what appears to be a satin Basic 9. Anyway, it's nice to know that a new-to-Busse like me can pick brains around here once in a while.

The first few (or it may have only been one) Basic 9's had satin blades. They were protos. They are the ones Jerry took to shows to show off the Busse Basic line in action. I don;t think you can even get them satin or BB unless someone other than Jerry did it or the original black knife was sent back to be decoated. All baiscs come in black. The only other Basics I have seen without a coating are the one or two actual basic variants. So the black 9 you got is like mine and everyone elses.

Thanks for the info. Guess I got distracted by the banners I see here in the Forums. Those Basics look like Satin, but now I understand.

Back