What is your most USED KaBar?

Well, I've been wondering a bit about this. There is another thread floating around here about what is your FAVORITE kabar knife is. That thread was painful to some people, because they were forced to choose just one or two knives as their favorite. I thought I would aleviate their suffering, and get another different set of information from people.

I want to see what peoples most USED KaBar knives are. Personally, I have some that I might use more often than my favorites right now, and figured others would be in the same boat that I am.

And sorry... No prize. I'm not quite in the position to offer something like that right now. This is just to see what you guys actually get out there and use, so then I can first know about it, and second perhaps find something that I would like.

So the rules are:

1. Your most USED KaBar knife. Fixed, folder, modern, traditional... don't care, just post it up. You must also post up why you use it so much, and maybe what situations you use it in. I'll be interested to see if this ends up much different from the FAVORITE kabar thread, because for me, this is different knives oddly enough.
  2. Because there are so many KaBar blades, I'll allow a runner up choice, with the reasoning why it is so cool, but not quite useful enough enough to be your "MOST USED" KaBar.
  3. Photos. Without them, the locals WILL get restless and start torching the place. If you have photos of the blade, post'em up. If you don't, go take some, and if you can't do that, find a photo on the world wide interwebz of the model you're referring to.

To start us out, I only have 3 KaBars, and they are all really different (size, use, etc).

My personal most used KaBar right now is the ZK War Sword. Its my only large knife, and is better at most large knife things than the USMC, and its WAY better than the Archeron. I use it to hack down large bushes encroaching on my apt, and split firewood when I'm camping (extra length comes in handy compared to the BK2). I got it because it was basically the cheapest large knife I could find with a full width tang. I seriously considered the Large Bowie, but ended up choosing the War Sword for the better sheath and the full width tang.

As you can see, this is actually used.
1003807v.jpg

1003761l.jpg

The runner up would be the USMC, because I never use the archeron :p.

1003805i.jpg

There you go, now lets hear what the rest of you say.

OK This thread should be a little easier Thanks ocnLogan as I mentioned in previous post most used is my Dozier 4050 D2 steel serrated, Knife is used for everything, but mostly openning my USPS and UPS boxes with my new Kabar's. Knife is perfect, legal, pocket clip,sharp as all hell, does not ever fail, liner lock a must, light weight, looks real nice. But this thread will change also as I like to switch up my EDC'S as probably most of us do.
4050006.jpg

4050003.jpg

4050004.jpg

Bam, a reason for having this thread. I'd never seen, or heard of this knife.

Are they currently making these knives? Roughly how much do they cost?

My USMC Ka-Bar was my only Ka-Bar and probably my most used knife ever. I got mine when I was around 12 or 13 and I treated it like a 12 or 13 year old would. I basically put mine through hell, throwing it at trees, chopping up 2x4's with it, I had dropped it on concrete plenty of times, I even hacked up an old solid wood door with it and the only damage it ever sustained were a few nicks in the blade (which were easily removed with sandpaper) and the black coating wore off a little though not as much as you'd think given what I put it through. I ended up giving it to a friend a few months ago but I kinda feel bad that I did cause that knife put up with alot of abuse from a stupid kid and never once gave me a real problem. I'm actually tempted to pay him $50 to buy it back from him than buy a brand new one.

picsforsteve005.jpg

I believe you can find this knife if you look hard enough, believe they are from 1999-2000 not sure maybe toooj will let us know, price is about $90 give or take nice D2 steel, alum handle, 4 1/2" colsed 7 1/2" openned, weighs in at a hefty 3 ounces, did I mention it is sharp, and pocket clip, sorry not sure when they stopped making but you can find online at survival and camping stores, I just like the way it works,feels,looks

For me it's the BK11, the perfect knife for when I'm in the field for work. No lock to fail, sturdy enough to abuse (which I need to be able to do), and small enough that I'm not breaking any rules when I'm using a Federal vehicle. And I've been in the field a lot since I got 'er, not to mention it's been handy when I've taken my kids fishing the last few times. This knife has whittled on the deck of my weekend place in the mountains, cleaned my daughter's largest fish ever, been in a helicopter, dug a .38 slug out of a power pole, dug dry rot out of a pole for me to check on, dug power pole splinters out of my hands in more than one substation control house, and been on my belt as I bumped across miles of desert powerline access road. As you can see I've modded it, and it's been called "gnarly" by a coworker, which was exactly the look I was going for. :)

I am somewhat fond of this knife.

aaaaa.jpg

Back