What kind of folder do you carry?

uNlTnUc.jpg

A forum buddy was calling them ugly in a different thread - just having a bit of fun with it. I like them but I also recognize their roots - they weren't the high-falutin' collector's items that folks see them as these days. A solid, weighty functional pocket knife - I dig them.
Same here.
I’ve had a few in the past that were a bit bland, but they sure did function well.

Well...a Barlow is no whittler or toothpick, that's for sure. Now those are sweet patterns😋
I’ll take a Whittler and a Barlow over a Toothpick any day!
I’m weird though because I actually think the GEC 25 is a great looking and useful knife.

Well...a Barlow is no whittler or toothpick, that's for sure. Now those are sweet patterns😋

I don't have many of either pattern but the ones I do have, I like quite a bit. I've kept the Toothpicks around for a reason, I need to give them some actual pocket time. I am really pleased I didn't pass up the last batch of GEC whittlers (well... glad that there were members who reached out and offered theirs up - I was too slow). The English Whittler is a sweet knife.

GzZ7sQq.jpg

Had the Spyderco PM3 in my pocket today but truth be told, it only got used once and only because one of my kids had the FK2 in that moment. Otherwise, the FK2 has taken care of most of my cutting needs today.

as0b4HU.jpg

I just received my recently acquired Scrimgeour D3V Folder and exactly as expected, IT IS REALLY A BEAST! Although it shares the same kinda length with a Spyderco Military, the similarities end there because it makes the Millie look puny and dainty. The MF (Mark Folder not the other kinda MF!) weighed at 8.8 oz vs the Millie at 4.7 oz. I feel honored to finally have landed an MF which shall remain in the same class as the other cherished and guarded CPKs:

qN20rtU.jpg

rW9LSu6.jpg

ymj7zGg.jpg

Back