What kind of knife is that on the top left of this page?

That's an EDI Genesis. They are out of biz now. That knife came in ATS-34 with G-10 or "plastic" handles. Included was a titainium liner lock. There might still be some at www.cfiarms.com . ;)

Wunderbar said:
That's an EDI Genesis. They are out of biz now. That knife came in ATS-34 with G-10 or "plastic" handles. Included was a titainium liner lock. There might still be some at www.cfiarms.com . ;)
And I just saw one listed on eBay today.

It was designed by Mike Turber and is a composite of some new ideas combined with some established designs of the day. This is my understanding anyway.

I could be wrong. The closest production knife to resemble the logo is the EDI Genesis. I remember the other logo looked something like a Rekat.

Here is a quote from Mike Turber.

The drawing was one I did that incorpated the best of many knives of it's day. Blackie Collins and I sat down on his computer and did the CAD's. Then I sent the CAD's to Joel Perella (SP?) and he turned them into a 3-D graphic. Then I played with it in Photoshop as well as Spark and it became our logo. The knife has never been put in production like so many other projects I screw up.

Back