What knife laws would you like to see Repealed?

AKTI has been working on creating new definitions for terms found in most state legislation. Terms like Dirk and Dagger, Bowie Knife ...etc...that are really historical or regional terms and aren't clearly understood.

go to akti.org and you can click on those to review.

We were also careful not to make up new categories to legislate...only to clarify terms already in use.

The 1958 Federal law regarding switchblades should be done away with.
IMHO.
Dale

Old thread, but still applicable. I'd like to see Boston-style laws (anything over 2.5" is illegal) repealed. I'd agree to a limit of 5" for folding knives and 4" for fixed, but only by the reasoning that the liberals here will claim to need some limits. Criminals don't follow knife laws any better than they do gun laws, and to limit law-abiding people to an almost oppressive level is just absurd.

I don't have to worry about knife and gun laws i live in chicago :jerkit: ;)
Its a joke
I would like to get rid of all of them that do not let a law abiding citizen carry any size knife short sword he wants.

All of them. All the gun laws as well. I would rather have legally armed criminals than have law abiding citizens disarmed. Maybe if our government passed a law REQUIRING everyone to carry a weapon, the criminals would stop, just to break the law :D All the things that knife/gun laws are supposed to combat are already crimes, so what does restricting the tool accomplish?

yablanowitz said:
All of them. All the gun laws as well. I would rather have legally armed criminals than have law abiding citizens disarmed. Maybe if our government passed a law REQUIRING everyone to carry a weapon, the criminals would stop, just to break the law :D All the things that knife/gun laws are supposed to combat are already crimes, so what does restricting the tool accomplish?
It provides the criminal and thugs with a target rich environment in which to ply thier trade.

fixer27 said:
So which knife laws do you find to be the most overbearing in your state or
town? Or even in your own country?

I'm not sure what all knife laws are in place in my locality, and many or most of whatever there are do not apply to holders of concealed carry weapon licenses anyway.

But I don't see the sense in singling out specific "most overbearing" knife laws for repeal -- there are no good reasons for ANY knife laws. Knives are knives. They are designed to cut, and the user decides whether the use of the knife will be noble or evil. Making a law against switchblades or blades over 4" or 3" etc. is useless. Making a law against carry of fixed blades concealed is useless. Evildoers will not be deterred anyway, so what's the point?

Repeal ALL laws against carry of weapons. Prosecute abuse of them only.

-Jeffrey

I talked to my friend who is a dispatcher in california. He said its a midemeanor to carry a concealed gun but to carry a switch blade is a felony.
So you might as well carry a gun instead!

I think california leads the way in retarted knife carry laws.

eyeeatingfish said:
I talked to my friend who is a dispatcher in california. He said its a midemeanor to carry a concealed gun but to carry a switch blade is a felony.
So you might as well carry a gun instead!

I think california leads the way in retarted knife carry laws.
The law was written for cowboys. Us white guys could afford guns but the natives and Mexicans were often left to make do with knives.

Oh, and the first gun restriction laws were to keep guns out of "certain" parts of the inner city. It would be racist (ref 14th ammendment) to outlaw blacks carrying guns but legal to forbid guns in downtown. Then just tell the cops to ignore the white people who were "just passing through" on their way to work.:barf:

All of them annoy me...except those pertaining to my wife. She scares me, and controls need to be in place.:)

Back