What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

IMG_20131112_122041_zpsmachlmja.jpg

Exquisite, Dee! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice #25, Harry! There is something about redbone . . . . . . . .

Great pattern, that DB, Fort! I let one get away . . . . . . .sniff!

Reorganizing my Schrade Cut Co Barlow collection, I thought these deserved a picture. Three out of four have ink on them, and the fourth is just as minty!

Salesman Samples 1.jpg Salesman Samples 2.jpg

Awesome Schrade barlows Charlie! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Bottom right in the top picture is my favorite! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks rockman!!:thumbsup:
Just started reading this thread from the beginning. Just got to the 1st reveal of the TC bolster. Gonna take a while, but I'm gonna read it all.
Heh, I've re-read the whole thing a couple of times myself, Corn Fed!:cool:
Some really nice Barlow models shown but waynorth, that Schrade group is just beyond words. Cool layout picture also. :)
Glad you enjoyed them, herder. I know you are a hard person to impress!!:eek:
:D

Like a lucky four leaf clover of Barlow’s Charlie. Love the peach seed bone, like they were made earlier today.

Russell

What Russell said Charlie, like they are fresh off the shelf...except for the salesmans samples, being salesman samples that is:D

Reorganizing my Schrade Cut Co Barlow collection, I thought these deserved a picture. Three out of four have ink on them, and the fourth is just as minty!

View attachment 781520 View attachment 781521
Thanks for the kind words my friend .
Thank you for showing those Unbelievable Schrades all together . Do you know what the printing on the blades indicate ? I can only guess that the numbers are model numbers , but the similarity of the letters make me curious .

Harry

More Redbone Harry? Nice work Duncan; Great Case!!!

I have never deciphered all of those marks on the Schrades, Harry. Maybe it's a secret code?!?! When A.G. Russell did a reprint of the 1920s Schrade catalog, there were some of those odd markes in the original book, hand inserted, that got reprinted as well. Maybe it's time for a Closer Look!!:rolleyes:

View attachment 781520 View attachment 781521
A clover, anytime, to him ....is aristocracy ;):)

Harry- a pure Pleasure my friend, Charlie gifted one of those to me- and I will keep that particular Knife forever as I carried it on the day I married my lovely Lady Sue.

I bought that one a short while ago - was really pleased to see how Mint it was, so I had a nice Pair of Red Bone Barlows....... I saw you make a comment on the Case Red Bone Barlows a wee while ago- I thought...mmmm I can do something about this :) :thumbsup:, Payment forward my friend- I get looked after too much here so...I got mine from Charlie now and you have yours from Me- pretty cool Im thinking:thumbsup:, so we have one each now :cool:

Charlie-= Thank you, Im pleased Harry has that one, of course I still have the one you gifted me quite some time ago now - and always will have that, Charlie those Salesman samples....ooooaaah man! SO awesome! Shrade Peach-Seed = mind blowing!!!!:eek:

Thank You!
It has become a shiny red, which reflects the yellow color of the leaves above.
I also used a little effect on my camera, but will make another natural one asap.

Back