What model s it?

dld

I bought a 15 inch 28 ounce All Around Knife by Thamar. Satisal wood handle,. White metal fittings.

I love the knife, the way it feels in the hand, the quality of the blade:D

I can't find an example of one on the Himalayan Imports web sight.

There are a bunch of different models but none seem to fit.

Is the All Around just a generic model?

It is the fourth one from the left or third from the right

10-07-14001_zps527ffbc8.jpg

The webstore is in need of a major update. There are many models not shown on the site. My favorite is the Hanshee which isn't shown and my Dui Chirra, ASTK, KLUVK, DBUVK, and Bashpati aren't listed either. There is a recent thread probably on page two with links to catalogs with more models. HI ha a series of regular knives called "RC" in different sizes as well a Suga and Trisul. The website ha a small sample of available products.

The online web store only has a very small sampling of HI's model lineup. What you see online are the most popular models (that are usually "stocked"), and a few special models that can be done (on a "as ordered" basis).

All hard to find, special runs, limited runs, one of a kinds, prototypes, blems, etc... are sold here on the forum, and always as DOTD's.

The various special khukris are here on the forum, and the best deals can be had only from the forum's "sales" floor.

Where did you get the pic, from the Tihar special thread? If it is, then the 15" all around by Thamar is the 3rd from the right.

Auntie always lets you know before she lists the types of khukris from DOTD, which way she starts from, (left or right), and then lists the knives accordingly.

It is in the thread, that using the picture shown, she is going from left to right, and that the khukri descriptions are listed in line item order from top to bottom.

Welcome and congrats on picking up a very special khukuri.

The variations of cutlery are only limited by the imagination of man. The number of types of blades made in the Philippine islands are a prime example. I would throw in that the Parang and Bamboo cutter, amongst others, aren't in the HI catalog either. The "one off" types of blades are another excellent reason to regularly visit the forum!

Where did you get the pic, from the Tihar special thread? If it is, then the 15" all around by Thamar is the 3rd from the right.

Auntie always lets you know before she lists the types of khukris from DOTD, which way she starts from, (left or right), and then lists the knives accordingly.

It is in the thread, that using the picture shown, she is going from left to right, and that the khukri descriptions are listed in line item order from top to bottom.

Welcome and congrats on picking up a very special khukuri.

Yes I copied it from the " Tihar Special for 10/7 " thread

I love the knife, nice to know I am crazy not being able to find the model on the web.

The HI online store also doesn't show the wide range of lengths and weights that are often available even in the more common HI khukuris. We often see postings here by people new to HI who've been looking at the HI online store and assume that a given model is only available in two lengths/weights because that is all that is listed in the selections at the store.

The only way to really know what is available is either to follow the DOTDs on this forum, or to email Yangdu and ask specific questions.

I agree that it would be nice to update the HI web site, but apart from being a lot of work for someone, it would likely be out of date by the time the work was finished.

Especially now with all the neat new stuff that they seem to be coming out with.........................

I gotta go do my paper route now and pick up some pop cans out of the ditch to build up my shark fund now.

Bye

I prefer the DOTD's now, I was a little confused at first when I got redirected here after hitting the blems tab. I was pleasantly surprised though once I saw the vast array of product. I was more than lucky last week when a 18in 22oz white metal Dui Chirra hit the DOTD listings. I didnt even know they made that model and it was something I always wanted. I couldn't of designed it better myself. I have to check everyday now to see what surprises are being offered

Back