What new folders are coming out in the near future?

Does anyone know what new folders are coming out from Strider? Does anyone know of the specs on potential new folders?

I know they plan to start production on the custom Strider folders on or about Thanksgiving. The first 100 will be numbered and probably are close to being filled. There will be both a tanto and a spear point available. Duane let me play with his at the SOF show, and I have to say that there is nothing like this thing anywhere. It is a tank. I mean that in a good way. They were talking somewhere in the neighborhood of taking 4000lbs before possible failure at the joint. It is 1/4" stock and this baby is meant for some serious business. I have number 66 on order and have had so since they decided to make a custom folder. If they would ever get to moving locations, then they might get them out quicker. HINT<HINT!!! If you want the toughest folder ever made, this is it. Hands down. It even looks really cool with the tiger striping on the blade. Hurry the hell up guys. I'm going into withdrawl over this.

------------------
Ryan Renuart
Aerial Gunner
"That Others May Live"

Are there any plans from Strider to create a all new folder, not just variations of the Buck Strider?

Believe me when I tell you that this is a totally different knife. It looks different, feels different, and is definetely made different. The Buck Strider is like a Chevy truck; tough and dependable. The Strider Custom is like a HumVee; brute strength and raw power refined just enough to be managable. Damn, I ought to be an advertising major. If only I could spell. Buy one of the Buck Strider's if you can't wait on the custom. Or, you can buy both. I did. Either way, don't mistake one for the other or you would do yourself a severe disservice. You might ask the Strider Guys to post a picture of the Custom on the forum. It might sell more than the "ergonomic" knife they had on the site a while back. I happen to know that there are some photos of that knife running around somewhere. Come on Guys, show us the goods!

------------------
Ryan Renuart
Aerial Gunner
"That Others May Live"

[This message has been edited by KnifeBomber (edited 10-22-2000).]

What are the dimensions of the Strider Custom?
What is the price of the Strider Custom?
Is the handle different?
What kind of materials are used?

I don't remember the dimension off hand. The blade is BG-42. There is some titanium in the handle and some G-10, I think. Other than that, I must defer to the experts. That is if Mick isn't too busy making knives to answer. All together, the knife is a bit larger than the Buck variant. Especially the spear point custom. That is the way to go in my opinion. However, the price range will be somewhere in the mid $300 range, I've heard. Maybe you can work something out with the makers, though. If you are military, then you will pay quite a bit less. If you are enlisted, then take some more off of that. Not too shabby a deal for an outstanding custom. If you can't afford that, then the Buck is a good substitute. Rumor has it that there will ba a spear point from Buck as well as a smaller size model in both blade styles. Hope this post helps sway you towards the custom. It is well worth the investment.

------------------
Ryan Renuart
Aerial Gunner
"That Others May Live"

Mid $300 is beyond my budget but I am real happy to hear that it has a bigger blade. The buck strider has a good size blade but a bigger blade is even better. Damn I wish I had more money right now.

Save a little bit here and there. It will be worth the sacrifice. I promise you. You will appreciate it more.

------------------
Ryan Renuart
Aerial Gunner
"That Others May Live"

We're working on those photo's. Give us a damn minute!!!
smile.gif

SK

I sent you an email (just like everybody else I'm sure) trying to get on the list for one. By the way, your minute is up. :)

I want one of each in the pic. Thanks. If that's not the new folder, I still want one. :')

Hey yeah... Good work,

Top : Strider/Buck .190 ATS34 blade, .070"Titanium liners, G10 scales.

Middle: Strider folder w/spear point. .190" BG42 blade, .100"Titanium liners, G10 scales.

Bottom: Model EB.S.T. (That's model EB. Short. Tanto). .190" or .250" ATS34 blade, G10 scales. Also availible in spear point. The spear point looks like the folder blade. The folder tanto, looks like the EB tanto. Isn't that nice.

Give us a call or e-mail for pricing info:
striderguys@striderknives.com

Ever Vigilant

SK

That spear point folder looks to be a serious piece of cutlery
biggrin.gif
Any more scans and stats?

Blade length, length closed, weight, clip and/or sheath?

BTW, if it does have a clip, will it be screwed through the G-10 and into the liner?

[This message has been edited by Carlos (edited 10-26-2000).]

Back