What SAK are ya totin' today?

I couldn't be more proud of my SAK's so I'm always happy to show it off... :)

Today it's the silver Alox Pioneer - I just LOVE this one. I've been very impressed with it from the day it arrived. :thumbup:

How about you?

E0E9FF15-7F95-46F3-BE0D-B1C12F3309FD_zpsbrgnbzcf.jpg

Nice selection of tools on that one. Is that a Wharncliffe type blade? What's the hook most often used for?

Thanks!
It's a metal file, that pic is deceiving. The hook is designed to carry string wrapped parcels (like they still have in Europe) but SAK owners have come up with lots of other uses.

It's one of the smallest SAKs that still has a metal file.

Thanks!
It's a metal file, that pic is deceiving. The hook is designed to carry string wrapped parcels (like they still have in Europe) but SAK owners have come up with lots of other uses.

It's one of the smallest SAKs that still has a metal file.

Ah ok, got it. Yeah, no strings on packages anymore here in the colonies!

I LIKE the thread idea Jeff:thumbup:

I told a story about my recently rec'd Apocalyptic Pruner as a gift from Jone---aka Jennifer and how I was using it on a "Clamshell from Hell"---quite a poet huh?

I'm an experienced knife guy---been cuttin things longer than my memory serves and needless to say snapped the tip off the Pruner due to user stupidity by appyling torque unnecessarily while cutting open the clamshell package:eek:

So I re-profiled the Pruner to a Sheepfoot---I'm perusing the picture thread stickied above and THERE's MY KNIFE:thumbup::D Looks like Ken and I think an awful lot alike:eek: I'd seen his picture but never paid attention beyond the first picture as it showed the Pruner blade;)

So Ken you know what the say about Imitation? it's the sincerest form of flattery:D and I didn't even know I did it---great minds Ken---great minds;)

Jennifer dubbed it a Sheepsbill or Hawksfoot---either one sounds cool to me:thumbup:

My knife---just like Ken's:eek::thumbup:

RtXRIz.jpg

9UO6uL.jpg

GolwwJ.jpg

Paul, you did an awesome job reproducing that blade. Looks great and still very useful. :)

20140415_174711_zps3cbb9644.jpg

I rotate through the Manager, Compact, and Explorer Plus. Today I'm rocking what is, for me, the "best" full-sized SAK - which, of course, Victorinox no longer makes: the Yeoman. It has all of the flavor of the Explorer Plus, but at only 3 layers.

Paul... WOW I actually LIKE that Sheepfoot over the Hawkbill - excellent job in "saving" that blade :thumbup:

powernoodle... LOL!!! OK, that was funny. :)

AlexWitte... That Waiter definitely covers it all for a restaurant environment in a very slim package to boot :D

I LIKE the thread idea Jeff:thumbup:

I told a story about my recently rec'd Apocalyptic Pruner as a gift from Jone---aka Jennifer and how I was using it on a "Clamshell from Hell"---quite a poet huh?

I'm an experienced knife guy---been cuttin things longer than my memory serves and needless to say snapped the tip off the Pruner due to user stupidity by appyling torque unnecessarily while cutting open the clamshell package:eek:

So I re-profiled the Pruner to a Sheepfoot---I'm perusing the picture thread stickied above and THERE's MY KNIFE:thumbup::D Looks like Ken and I think an awful lot alike:eek: I'd seen his picture but never paid attention beyond the first picture as it showed the Pruner blade;)

So Ken you know what the say about Imitation? it's the sincerest form of flattery:D and I didn't even know I did it---great minds Ken---great minds;)

Jennifer dubbed it a Sheepsbill or Hawksfoot---either one sounds cool to me:thumbup:

My knife---just like Ken's:eek::thumbup:

RtXRIz.jpg

9UO6uL.jpg

GolwwJ.jpg

Paul , I suspect you will actually like it better that way . I altered mine as an experiment and now that I've lived with it for awhile I'm thinking of doing My Rancher Pruner blade as well .
These are great knives .
Here is a pic of my Rancher getting fitted for a new suit .

Ken

Paul , I suspect you will actually like it better that way . I altered mine as an experiment and now that I've lived with it for awhile I'm thinking of doing My Rancher Pruner blade as well .
These are great knives .
Here is a pic of my Rancher getting fitted for a new suit .

Ken

Ken, we do think alike...I like the pruner but really like the converted Sheepfoot now:thumbup:

And to solidify the "think alike" point I mentioned...I have the EXACT Rancher as well;):D

I love your leather work also my friend:thumbup:

Back