What SOGs do you own?????

I have a field pup. I REALLY like the blade size and profile. It is great for cleaning/skinning deer. I like fixed blades for that purpose since they don't have mechanisms to capture gunk. the fact that the field pup has a rubber one piece molded handle helps.

Problem is the steel. I don't know what it is made of, but I'm not too impressed. Then again, it was an inexpensive knife and I'm a firm believe in you get what you pay for.

I'm considering a Seal pup E37-N but I'm not sure I'll like the profile. It seems it may be a bit on the wide side for the finer work. Still it has a one piece handle and is moderately priced.

Question...What steel? How's the edge holding/sharpening?

Thoughts from the SOG Gurus would be greatly appreciated...

Oh, and I also have another rather old folder. I'll have to figure out the model...

Thanks,
Steve

Hi!

Only three atm, Bluto:

original.jpg

Vulcan Tanto:

original.jpg

nevermind the CS Talwar...

Gov Tac:

original.jpg

nevermind the Strider AR

The one I like most is the Bluto - my most favourite small production knife! Sturdy and a joy to handle!

Regards,
Alex

Twitch II
Two Visions with titanium handles. One with a liner lock, and one with an axis lock.
Tomcat carbon fiber
Stingray with mother of pearl inlay

Been a big fan of SOG for many years.

I own.......

Bluto
Flash II
Aegis
Twitch II

The Bluto was my first and it's one of my fav short blade EDC.

Initially was exposed to the brand (And assisted opening!) at Lowes....Own a Twitch II, a FlashII, and the new XL slim jim...(Stamped steel body felt like a box cutter to me at first, but waaay cool! I would like the coil from my Flash in it instead of the somewhat "wimpy" straight back spring, though!) Reasonably priced, they work hard, and are fun to play with...Big fan!

Flash II (first SOG)
Aegis
Tech Bowie
Seal Team
Seal Pup
SOGfari 13"
Pentagon

Carried the flash II everyday for about 3 years. Great little knife! I love the Seal Team as well. It has seen some hard use!

I owned a SOG Trident that I got rid of due to the plastic handle comprimising the knife's capability (replaced with CRKT M21-14SF)
Currently own and surprisingly love the SOG Jungle Primitive. When I bought it on black friday for 30 bucks, I honestly thought "whatever, if i ever need a knife to scare the shit outta someone, this will definitely do the job", then I used and beat it harder and harder, and after cutting a 6-8" tree into eight sections, I was amazed at this knife's strength. (I did not use the saw, and yes, i know you cannot use the saw :rolleyes:) The tree I cut down was used to save me and my friend's asses while camping in -3* weather. We then used the knife to poke at a fire for a solid hour, and despite being held directly in the flame, being smashed against trees for about an hour, and being subjected to subzero weather while all of this was happening, the Primitive held its ground, and I was damn impressed.

Last edited:
Just received my S-14 Pentagon today (a bastard to get in Aust being double edged) so the updated list reads:

S-14 Pentagon
SMCA Tigershark (SK5 steel)
Dessert Dagger S-25
EDMWA Government
Tech 1 (fixed blade)
Pentagon folder PE-18
Seal 2000

My first folder was a SOG, the Trident with TINI and Clip Point blade partially serrated. Since I have picked up the Seal Pup Elite and the Tomcat 3.0. Love the brand.

recon bowie 2.0
agency
jungle warrior aegis
mini vulcan
seal pup elite
gunny folder
sog winder ii

Just this one. Think it’s a microdot ,two inch blade had it about ten years or so.

This is my first post and just recently got really into collecting SOG blades. My collection so far in order of acquisition,

Jungle Primitive
Flash II
Tsunami
Seal Pup Elite
Aegis
Tech Bowie

My favorite of all the knives I own is my Seal Pup Elite. Its got perfect balance, looks great, and isn't too big or too small for what I use it for.

Back