What Style of Sheath?

Archie

Gold Member
After constantly reading about Gary Graley's Sebenza sheaths on the forums, I have decided that I need (not want) one. However, I'm not sure whether to get a horizontal, vertical, or canted model. I do know that I want the pivot end exposed regardless of which model choose. So let's hear it--which did you get and why?

------------------
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of '04

Hi Archie,
You simply can't go wrong with one of Gary's sheaths. Me made me a horizontal sheath for my large Sebenza last year. For personal reasons I wanted the lanyard to be available. No problem. The sheath is good looking and is as secure as a bank vault. Give him a call (or email) he'll do a good job for you.

Archie, I have a horizontal sheath on order from Gary as we speak. I opted for the horizontal style because I have been wearing a nylon horizontal sheath I got from Triple Aught Design. I like to wear it closer to the front of my hip so I can get to the knife easier. I dont like to have to reach around my hip to remove my knife. With it being horizontal and out of the way, I can still get my hands in my pockets. I also opted for the pivot pin to be exposed. I want my thumb to be able to contact the thumb stud as soon as I grab the knife.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Heat-Fuel-Oxygen = Fire

Mike

Back