What to do about the Companion pre orders??

Brian.Evans

Registered Member
Coming to you all for advise regarding what to do about the Companion Pre Order.

As it sits, I have 48 knives that came in today. I am keeping 8 in case of warranty claims or mistakes

So that leaves 40 knives. I currently have ~55 people on the pre-order list. Last time I did a list, I had around 30 and only 20 ended up purchasing. However, I could have covered the entire 30 because I had enough knives. This time is not that way.

Two ways to do it I think.

1. Start at the top of the list and let people know the knives are in. Only email the first 45 and put a time limit on the payment. If you haven't paid in 24 hours, your spot is voided. Offer any remaining spots to the next people on the list.

Pros-maybe more fair?
Cons- hard to administer and let's be frank, I'm going to end up forgetting or missing someone. Especially since my computer is down at the moment.

2. Email everyone at once and state that the first 45 to pay get the knives. Everyone else is out of luck. Might be easier, but I'd have to make sure to keep an accurate count.

What do you think the right thing to do would be? I'm going to wait for a few hours and see what everyone says.

I like the list idea #1. If I signed up as one of the first pre-orders and then got busy when it was time to pay and missed that email (or just didn't get a chance to pay for 24-48 hours) I would be upset that I got passed over for someone way down the list.

My $0.02

When asking a question like that I guess some of it depends on where you are on the list personally I think it should be first come first serve

I'd vote for option one. But as I have already payed, I hope that puts me at the top of the list. :)

Well, that is an overwhelming majority then! Option one it is. I'm working on writing out the list as we speak (type).

I'd vote for option one. But as I have already payed, I hope that puts me at the top of the list. :)
Yeah, you technically aren't on the waiting list. You're on the "crap I can't count and oversold the orange knives and now I have to go back and fix my mistake" list. I need a better name for that list......

I'm glad you're doing option #1, I like that better, too.

Super excited, but I'll be patient, you've clearly got your hands full. The Companion is really making waves all across BF! :thumbup:

Back