What Tool Will You Use On Christmas Morning?

Leonardo63

Gold Member
What ARE you going to use for opening packages, slicing paper and getting into that armor plated blister plastic when all gathered around the tree come Tuesday morning?

I'd given thought to the Forsaken Mistress for the dramatics alone but my wife will be nervous the whole time just knowing that is in the same room so it's out. It's pretty hard to beat a fancy dagger but I may pull out the Park Ranger since all I've used it for so far was peeling some apples- and what a fine job it did after I laid a razor blade edge and mirrored finish on it- it kind of scares me actually -

Victorinox Cybertool last years gift
Victorinox-CyberTool-41-Multi-Tool-Red-BHQ-74481-er-large.jpg

I never know. My family runs a Howard’s back east so I always get a cool tool for Christmas. Most years it’s the best present I get it. Bummer that my wife hides always hides it so well I never know where to look.

Last edited:
I know what a few guys are going to break out - I see Hyde using some form of a TG, Rob will go overkill as expected with the MOAB at some point and Snakebreaker will be relying on some form of Gemini to make confetti and some will be testing the edges of that new FM14 to make ribbon strips of wrapping paper :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cool thread idea... think I'm gonna give the custom shop cleaver some love. Maybe the forsaken mistress..

I expect pics ya'll

I’d like to say a nice Busse. But in reality, it will probably be a Vic Classic. Easier to keep the cuts shallow so I don’t nick anything inside the package.

Well, my daughter and family sent us a box with some presents inside, and my Urgent Fury should arrive Monday as well. I will use the Fury to open the box and presents.:D:thumbsup:

My Infiweiler...no package is safe.
BTW...thanks Boss.
She's looking and cutting real good after @91bravo had his way with her. Thanks to you too Jonny.

With a 5 year old girl at home I have found that daggers are amazing for cutting Barbie Dolls and accessories away from the dozens of ties used to hold them in place.

Right hip:
BOSCID.jpg

This probably deserves to be in an "If Busse made a folder.." thread, but right front pocket will be my Skike Rogue Shark 2.0. An amazing piece of hardware and one of the more obnoxiously cool folders I own, a perfect blend of the perfection of a Rogovets and the overbuilt quality of a Busse.

SKIKE.jpg

Finally, left front pocket will be my Rexford RUT which is where it rides all day every day.

RUT.jpg

ScrapMax 460 has been my go-to for opening, and later, dismembering gift boxes and blister packs for a few years now.

Keep my strop block handy and some mineral spirits to remove glue and I'm all set.

Back