What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Schrade USA 93OT Wrangler Jackknife for todays carry. OH
Schrade_93OT_Wrangler_-_EDC_(2).jpg

Case Bose Eureka today.
GmFXh3S.jpg

The secondary covers a good part of the pull on the main on this one, but it doesn’t seem to affect my ability to open it. Did Tony design it that way? Does that make it “wrong”? Who knows? I still like it.
Who wouldn’t? I think it looks fantastic Bart, and it seems to pair well with that Sierra Nevada too. 😉👍
Good Morning Porch Friends and Happy Wednesday.
My Usual Lamb had a fresh Flitz job, but it's reaching the point to where it doesn't make a whole lotta difference. 😁
Which might mean it’s getting closer to perfect. 😊👍
Really like how those two look together.
😊👍
All you wanna do is ride around, Sally... 😄

MIjE4eq.jpg

PA5B4Cr.jpg
Beautiful ironwood Jim. It looks more polished them some I’ve seen. Did you do some polishing or buffing?

Faux Tortoise handles add a little color to todays Medium Stockman. OH
GEC_661317_Calf_Roper_(2).jpg
Great pattern -- and the tortoise shell acrylic looks great on that one!

Thank you Jack, another great photo of a great subject!!!

Thanks John:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: But you have good intuition, more soldiers were casulties of can openers than anything else so they had to redesign a lot of them.

This one again.
TFPoabF.jpg
Love the golden hue of that Stag -- nice!

Certainly this. The White Owl took off from the USA on 30th Nov and clearly struggled across the Atlantic....arrived in Helsinki 3rd Jan where Posti decided to detain it another 15 days before reaching its well earned perch last night.

Many sincere thanks to @btb01 for arranging all this and likely enduring angst over its fate, really appreciate it Barrett.

Some words about the knife: owners have complained about blade-rub on theirs, none of that here at all. Maybe people are not skilled in opening? Beautiful light colour version, with first rate W&T, no blade play at all, no perceptible gaps, spring flush open/close. Excellent radiusing and overall finish, very high quality indeed. This run of White Owls appear to my eye to have a slightly broader spring than the earlier ones, anybody else notice this?

There's been a fair bit of interesting discussion about nail nick access recently. One of the reasons I prefer a blade each end to a side by side Jack is that you don't get this potential problem :cool: However, if a knife has same side nicks then BOTH must be accessible, otherwise the knife is simply dysfunctional. I don't really see the allure of same side nicks and as others have noted, the type of master blade makes a difference, so in many ways nicks on each side is more trustworthy. Looking at an all steel Eureka, the Spear master sits low but the Coping minor doesn't inhibit opening as the Eureka's nick is set well back, so GEC can do it if they want.

ZSYouxB.jpg
Looks like it was well worth the wait!

Good Morning Porch Friends and Happy Wednesday.
My Usual Lamb had a fresh Flitz job, but it's reaching the point to where it doesn't make a whole lotta difference. 😁
Nice looking wood on that Böker, John!

Who wouldn’t? I think it looks fantastic Bart, and it seems to pair well with that Sierra Nevada too. 😉👍

Which might mean it’s getting closer to perfect. 😊👍
Really like how those two look together.
😊👍

Beautiful ironwood Jim. It looks more polished them some I’ve seen. Did you do some polishing or buffing?
Thanks, Todd. I have no other GEC Ironwood to compare it to, but, no -- no polishing or buffing on my part.

Walnut Wednesday…It’s a thing. 😊View attachment 1724161
That walnut suits that knife perfectly -- looks great!

Last edited:
What a morning!!!! Cindy was cooking Jimmy Dean hot sausage and Pillsbury Flaky Layers Biscuits earlier this morning and discovered we were almost out of butter and Welch's Grape Jelly!!!!!!!!!!!! Phew!! it was close so, when we get to the Holiday Market, later this morning, we'll get a couple of boxes of butter and a couple jars of grape jelly AND a couple/three sleeves of the biscuits - the best store bought biscuits I've had. All's good though. I'll be totin the CV Case Sowbelly again today.

Case CV Sowbelly Yellow Composite 6 .jpg

My younger brother who passed away used to call me Johnny the Fox in a over accentuated manner.

Today I was trying to sort out my records which are all mixed up.

Every time I found say a Clash record I had forgotten where I had put the other Clash Records.

At one time I couldn't find any of my Elvis or man in black records, my head was spinning.

Its not finished yet, memory has gone with my youth :rolleyes: 😁

I often forget that I have a record and buy it again,hence 4 copy’s at least of Rumours 🤣🤣🤣

This is just a few of them.

Last edited:
A green trio today with the Bull Nose in the lead 😁 a BIG SHOUT OUT TO Mark M mcc850 as he gifted me the fantastic Bull Nose. The Bull Nose has got to be one of GEC's best values in my opinion. Ergo's are fantastic and the steel liners just compliment the over all utility this knife offers :thumbsup:

Thank you Mark!!!
n6G0rU.jpg

Last edited:
A green trio today with the Bull Nose in the lead 😁 a BIG SHOUT OUT TO Mark M mcc850 as he gifted my the fantastic Bull Nose. The Bull Nose has got to be one of GEC's best values in my opinion. Ergo's are fantastic and the steel liners just compliment the over all utility this knife offers :thumbsup:

Thank you Mark!!!
n6G0rU.jpg
Fantastic gift,cracking knife.

Case Bose Eureka today.
GmFXh3S.jpg

The secondary covers a good part of the pull on the main on this one, but it doesn’t seem to affect my ability to open it. Did Tony design it that way? Does that make it “wrong”? Who knows? I still like it.
That is a beautiful eureka!!

Back