What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

53693119617_2197f778b6_b.jpg

Â

Looking good! I installed a nuc today. I just manage 3-4 colonies. Some of the bees explored the Moran a bit.
Thanks!
We don't have alot right now, just starting these two hives up. We had bees before but gave them up when we moved. (We just gave them to my parents for their property) Now that we have settled in our new place we're going to get into it again. We're still pretty new to beekeeping.

I see those two workers in the top pic are inspecting the bolsters, they must like deep grooves too 🤣

That's a nice looking Moran 👍

Case Knife of the Week is a pocket worn harvest orange Tribal Lock:

Colonial/Imperial/Schrade Knife of the Week is an oriental Schrade 89OT Blazer:

(My rotation schedule originally assigned me a Colonial Forest-Master as this week's Colonial/Imperial/Schrade representative, but it also dealt me the Forest-Master as Work Knife of the Week (posted yesterday), so I made a quick switch so my poor old scout knife didn't have double duty.)

- GT

This for this mornings Podiatry appointment.

If you want something low key that offends no one yet has lots of capability I reccomend this lightweight 84mm SAK.

I have added the pin and glasses screwdriver.

The Victorinox Tourist has the same basic toolset as the classic Spartan model, but in the smaller 84mm frame size.

Pair this with a larger knife and you have a lot of bases covered.

When i bought this, it was encarried, but tarnished. I decided to experiment, sing if just carrying it my pocket will polish the bolsters. It does seem to be working, but slowly. This is 4 day's worth so far
Keep going! 👍

Thanks ! It's unusual in that all the blades open from the mark side and all have half stops.
I honestly didn't even notice at first, but you're right, it does! That's pretty awesome. Do you know any more about that model? Just curious 😉

Been busy, here's a knife photo dump for the last week. Be well, Porchites!
You've had quite the selection! Great pics btw.
I still love the coloring on your Horsewright 👍
Whose the maker on the 4th pic down, the patina fixed blade with WW mark?

This Opinel has great sentimental value ...
Years ago my 12yrs old boy dog, then a pup at the time and I were napping on the sofa when this knife slipped from my pocket.
Awakening, I was startled to find the sofa had gnawed and chewed my Opinel !!! Shoot
Never trust a sofa to watch your pocket knife ... sometimes they even swallow them.
The knife is a wonderful reminder of a refreshing nap. Some afternoons, I still tote it to the sofa for old times sake.

Mason had surgery two weeks ago to remove a growth from his paw.
The bandage and sutures come off tomorrow morning ...
ROOooooo Roooo ROOOoooo !!!

8CEhAsr.jpeg

LIwSy60.jpeg

zuL85JJ.jpeg

Looking good! I installed a nuc today. I just manage 3-4 colonies. Some of the bees explored the Moran a bit.

View attachment 2563361
View attachment 2563362
Fine pictures mate.
I saw on the news they are lifting varoa mite restrictions here, from the outbreak in 2022. The last 2 summers no bees, no good for veggie growing.
The government had 14000 hives destroyed.
Hives started being brought back in the area earlier this year, next summer should be better for veggie growers.

Back