What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

X4eJatZ.jpeg

Ci7OfEo.jpg

I never noticed how near in size this large standard Camillus is to the large Case.
5ZXxUl3.jpg

The big Collins had the wood broken off over the pinkie hook. I was able to use it carefully without hurting myself, but where's the fun in using it carefully?
I was gong to rehandle it, but oh, lose those copper rivets? So I was going to cunningly patch it, but that would likely have been a waste of ridiculous effort. I went the easy way and sawed off the bit of bare pinkie steel.

🎸🎸🎸. Thank you sir. Hope todays service was great 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼
Service was very good, even though I couldn’t stand the way the soundman messed with the settings on my strip on the board, so after rehearsal, I swapped my Tele for the acoustic. Just can’t fight the soundman😬
Hope your services went well this morning.
It did! Thanks.
Ci7OfEo.jpg

I never noticed how near in size this large standard Camillus is to the large Case.
5ZXxUl3.jpg

The big Collins had the wood broken off over the pinkie hook. I was able to use it carefully without hurting myself, but where's the fun in using it carefully?
I was gong to rehandle it, but oh, lose those copper rivets? So I was going to cunningly patch it, but that would likely have been a waste of ridiculous effort. I went the easy way and sawed off the bit of bare pinkie steel.
Help me out here, Jer. The only thing I can see the pinky hook doing is keeping you from losing your grip, and turning the machete into a flying messenger of death for bystanders, not the user…

You could drill a hole, and put a wrist lanyard on it.

Anyway, good luck with the jungle! Really cool vintage machetes.

6-B034845-34-D6-42-AB-828-C-5-AE3-BBCED457.jpg
485203-D9-3-EE9-4-B17-BAC9-0-B0-DBB2-A2-C0-E.jpg
0-DA6-E6-A2-9914-4447-BCBE-549-D3334374-D.jpg

The seeds of the Columbine form in the upright vase-like part of the flower. After the petals dry and fall off, the top part closes up around the seeds while they mature. Once they’re ready, the vase-like seed holder turns upside down, and opens up, dropping the seeds. If you want to collect the seeds, you have to be quick, or you’ll find them empty.

no change yet. 😳
4 pin 7OT; 8OT stockman; (late 4 line) Camillus 33 EO Jack; 622110 Robeson large 2 blade Jack, or Folding Hunter with pen secondary blade (I R not sure which it is/was called.); and the Toferner (non-folding) Celtic/Norse/Viking pocket knife.
(Toferner in modified factory sheath, riding in the "watch pocket".)

I rather doubt "my" pretty doc that I get to visit this A.M. (presuming my ride shows up. 🙄) will care what is in my pocket and on my belt ... if she even notices. 🙄

She will probably be more shocked by the 32 grams (+/-) shy of 2 kilos pearl "gun powder" ("high caffeine") green loose leaf tea I'm going to give her. 😁👍
I like that tea, but like the black teas I have better. 😇

EDIT
She was surprised, and loved the teas.
I decided to give her the almost 2 pound tin of loose leaf Black Letchi tea I had, as well. 😁👍
Just my quarterly check-up. No "new" issues discovered ... other than it been a lot longer than I thought since I visited the Vampires. (almost a year ... I thought around 6 months 🙄)
I gotta see the Vampires "before my next visit" in August. ☹️
I wonder if I will have any "extra" red stuff when I visit them ... 🤔

Last edited:
Back