What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

28572800-B987-49-D8-9524-427-A56536-E50.jpg

I left some of my favorite green onions to overwinter, so they’d make seeds for me.

225-E4-E23-6969-4-FA2-9-FD3-59-AF8-C213426.jpg

4514-DEA2-F038-4726-95-C5-C623-DDB282-DA.jpg

Thought I'd carry a Lamb today. This a Fancy Dancy one.

Sausage and eggs for breakfast.

Fancy indeed! 🧐😁 Very nice, Ed. :thumbsup:

That one has ebony wood handles. It was sold as a Special Factory Assembly (SFA). GEC made 32 of them. I bought at the store during the 2023 GEC Rendezvous.
CE1gX36.jpeg

Great looking knife, love that shield on it. :thumbsup:

Derby Day .... 150th Run for the Roses

View attachment 2564527

View attachment 2564528

Nothing is more traditional in Kentucky than Derby Day. In 1960, Belknap Hardware was king of the Hardware stores, proclaimed the biggest in the world. If you look at some of their brands, some of them seem if as they were named after horse entries. Crusader, Trade Winner, Pathfinder, Aristocrat, Speedmore, World Flyer, Cyclone, Dover, and Blue Ribbon were trade names.

It seemed appropriate that I tote a pair of John Primble Belknap folders for this day. A Sawcut Bone Granddaddy Barlow for the muscle ( like a horse ) and Ivory Jack ( about style ) is what's in my pocket and belt sheath this first Saturday in May. 😊 🐎

_d2x7605-small-jpg.2547623

View attachment 2564534
View attachment 2564533

Nice post. :thumbsup: That Granddaddy Barlow! 😲😎

Have a nice day :)

Cool looking knife, looks pointy and slicey! :thumbsup:

Posting today from the shore of Little Lake Butte Des Mortes (I don't know French, but I'm guessing that translates to something like Hill of the Dead) in Menasha, WI. We'll be here for several days in some Vrbo rental my wife found so she can check out some local quilt shops. I'll be walking some trails along the lake and Fox River, and exploring downtown Menasha and adjacent Neenah, WI, home of the Neenah Foundry, famed (to me) for their manhole covers. The rental in which we're staying is a little old house with a weird floorplan and inexpensive structural elements (walls, floors, ceilings, woodwork, cabinets, windows, furniture), but it's very clean with good appliances, nice towels, excellent selection of "kitchen stuff" (silverware, dishes, pots, pans, cooking utensils, etc.) and fantastic location on the water.

As usual, I have a pair of Canoes of the Week (perfect for our surroundings).
Oriental Remington:

Case gum fuddy (thanks, Alan):

- GT

Sounds like a nice little trip, GT! Enjoy yourself!

I had these two with me yesterday. I would’ve posted this last night, but I fell asleep trying to catch up on this thread! 🤣

gC1Icyp.jpg

Thanks guys. It's a real problem, but totally fixable. I've dislocated my prosthetic left hip three times now, twice in the last week. It's going to be redone on Friday with technology that is more resistant to dislocation. Six weeks for full recovery which is a gradual process. Mobility will be back to more or less normal a week after surgery. But I will still be on light duty. PT won't start during recovery but afterwards. So in the end, I'll be fine again. And a commercial for modern medicine. Miraculous.

Thanks guys. It's a real problem, but totally fixable. I've dislocated my prosthetic left hip three times now, twice in the last week. It's going to be redone on Friday with technology that is more resistant tp dislocation. Six weeks for full recovery which is a gradual process. Mobility will be back to more or less normal a week after surgery. But I will still be on light duty. PT won't start during recovery but afterwards. So in the end, I'll be fine again. And a commercial for modern medicine. Miraculous.
It is amazing what they can do nowadays!
I hope all goes well Rick, and that recovery is swift :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. It's a real problem, but totally fixable. I've dislocated my prosthetic left hip three times now, twice in the last week. It's going to be redone on Friday with technology that is more resistant to dislocation. Six weeks for full recovery which is a gradual process. Mobility will be back to more or less normal a week after surgery. But I will still be on light duty. PT won't start during recovery but afterwards. So in the end, I'll be fine again. And a commercial for modern medicine. Miraculous.
Glad to hear. I'm going on six months...knock on wood....and played golf after 2 moths with new style replacement.
Good luck.

Boattale Boattale I can commiserate with you. Had my left hip replaced about four years ago. My orthopedic surgeon told me it was the worst hip he’d ever seen. Said he’d do the best he could to get my left leg the same length as my right but couldn’t guarantee it. I said as long as you can make the pain go away I was good with that. The pain at that point was excruciating. Turned out he was right and I now need to use a cane so that I can walk somewhat normally but the pain is gone! I wish you well in your recovery!

Last edited:
Back