What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Diamond Jack and TC...
N9PnaN.jpg

My custom stag WT for half the day and my Viper for the rest of the day. I'm considering forcing a patina on the WT ...... I keep going back and forth on that decision. Usually the custom WT's are stainless and it might look unusual or :cool: to see one with tarnished blades. O1 steel on it, so it should tarnish fast.😊🐇 I might ........ I might not.🤔

View attachment 2569310

View attachment 2569311

View attachment 2569313
When I find some knives like these (shape and materials) I can stop buying traditionals!

Still trying to catch up with this thread after 10 days away from the routines of home. Here are more posts that I found noteworthy in the past week or more.

Sensational coloring on your linear tomato! :thumbsup::thumbsup: 😲

Admirable checkered covers on your Marbles Barlow, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Presidential election year again. :eek: I'd vote enthusiastically for your Presidential! :thumbsup:🤓:thumbsup:

A Solingen Olsen:
1GuH3cT.jpg

Fett, fett, renn um dein Leben! (According to Google = "Fatty, Fatty, run for your life!")
Hey, wait a minute. I resemble that remark!
Splendid Solingen stockman! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
That brand seems quite rare on The Porch.

Serpentine Jack, and TL-29.
In honor of Brass Liner Lock Friday.
9-B23-C645-CCDD-49-D7-BDF2-696799-B9-AB77.jpg

CDDFEBDE-2-B68-4-D89-A54-B-01-E1-A2-C1-F24-B.jpg

Whenever I dig this Ulster out, I end up using it awhile. The round butt is different. Fits my hand.
Jeff, I sometimes think you're just making up these holidays you claim to celebrate with your knife choices. o_O🤓

Indeed Gary, two examples of simple and effective knives.👍;)
Thanks, José. :)

Another beautiful day here in the City by the Bay! Well, I went to the dentist yesterday and got fitted for my partial which are replacing my bottom molars. Went home and had dinner a while later. As soon as I tried to chew it popped out. Put it back on and tried again same result. After five tries I gave up and took it out. Called my dentist to get an appointment but he only works three days a week. So it could be a while. In the meantime keeping me company with a nod to Black Friday the usual lamb and SAK. Have a great weekend folks! 😀
View attachment 2563956View attachment 2563957
Sorry to hear about the poor fit on your dental partial, Dan; gotta be frustrating. :(

Case Fish knife
FlyUtqh.jpg
Very cool! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Is the closed blade a scaling tool?

There ya go. 🤠 :thumbsup:
We are going to a cornhole tournament today and will be wearing our Jedi tunics. :cool::thumbsup:
That must have been a sight to see, John! 🤓 Did you win?
I went to a St. Paul Saints baseball game on 5/4/24, and the ticket contained this message:
"May the 4th be with them.
Here, we Live Long and Prosper for Star Trek. Presented by Koppy Motors."
They had some between-innings Star Trek related activities.
We also had a pre-game picnic lunch in an area behind the centerfield fence; there was a corn hole set-up there, except in Minnesota, they call the game "bags". I wonder how the names of that game are distributed across the U.S.

Striking handle art on your stainless Douk-Douk! :thumbsup:😲:thumbsup:

Obviously not carrying these, just thought y’all might be interested in seeing this Case display View attachment 2564613View attachment 2564614in honor of Derby Day.
Impressive display for Derby Day!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Highly aggravated my plantar fasciitis slipping on some wet stairs, so trying to remain as stationary as possible this weekend. This Radio Jack should be able to accomplish whatever I need from my couch :)

View attachment 2564787
Hope your foot (feet?) heals up soon, Tom! :eek:

Some Saturday Stag.
3ZXAvsE.jpeg
Always a pleasure to see that superb stag shadow Lloyd, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Happy Cinco de Mayo! 🍾
We drove across almost the entire width of Wisconsin on May 5, and I don't recall seeing any mention of the holiday.
Your distiguished dark duo rocks, Bob! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

A Sod Buster Jr. in Vintage Bone and PVD blade finish ..... plus my Opinel No. 8 Moose scene for Sunday. 😊

View attachment 2565121

View attachment 2565122
Appealing pair of knives, Rob! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
I think I'd have a tough time finding the difference between Case vintage bone and bone stag. Does vintage bone always have that cool black shield?

Haven't decided which canoe to take along today ... maybe by the time I finish coffee

SqxgBek.jpeg

D7FoNRf.jpeg
Captivating couple of canoes, Jim! :cool::cool::thumbsup: If the choice was mine, I'd opt for the wood burl (probably because I don't have a Buck canoe like your wood one).

Couple of Case charmers, Jer! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Sowbelly stockman is certainly in my top 5 favorite patterns (maybe even 1 or 2), and a swayback jack (in stag, no less) is a sublime small knife.

Still nursing my inflamed plantar fasciitis so my movement is limited. This SAK Farmer X is almost always with me anyway so I will be “totin” this from my couch :)

That Farmer X has most everything you could want in an Alox SAK!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Beautiful knife, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
What is that pattern called in Portugal? The handle shape reminds me of what's called a "coke bottle" in the USA.

A pair of Case XX red bones ....... model 62131 from 1971 and a Granddaddy Barlow model 6143 from 1940-64 for Monday. 😊

View attachment 2565819

View attachment 2565818

View attachment 2565820
That's a consummate Case canoe, Rob! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I have one very similar to yours, from 1975, but it has the Native America canoe etch on the blade. I recently learned that etch dates back to "about 1974", so your and my canoe add evidence to that claim.

Sorry to hear that. I’m grateful that the folks that run our sound each week are pretty good.

That’s a good one, Chris!

Off to a decent start to the week, this one is with me today thanks to Rufus1949 Rufus1949 . Thanks again Bob.

JImFAhs.jpeg
That K'roo Barlow is killer! 😲:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fantastic cast metal Böker pen knife!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I’m thinking along the same lines … I’m heading to Upstate NY tomorrow to get the lake house opened up for the summer. I’ll be carrying a couple of Canoes - a Case from the 1980’s and an A.G. Russell in awesome dark stag.

View attachment 2566045
I hope the lake house trip went well; you certainly have a commendable couple of canoes to go with you! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I have a stag Mohawk canoe similar to yours which is probably my favorite among several dozen canoes I have.

Jeremy, your blue K'roo is a real beauty! Way to go, Bob!

I've been carrying my Richie to work and he does everything I need just splendidly!

bMVb7LE.jpg
Ravishing Richlite, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

When I find some knives like these (shape and materials) I can stop buying traditionals!

It would have been nice if that had happened with me. :thumbsup:🤣🦖

In homage to Primble Primble Had to get my CASE Sodbuster out too 🐈

wpHPKBq.jpg

Good call Will ! :thumbsup:😍

I think I'd have a tough time finding the difference between Case vintage bone and bone stag. Does vintage bone always have that cool black shield?

I have one very similar to yours, from 1975, but it has the Native America canoe etch on the blade. I recently learned that etch dates back to "about 1974", so your and my canoe add evidence to that claim.

- GT

Thank you my friend ......... it is very similar to bone stag, but, the dye is different and deeper jigging were my observations. I think they made around five models with the black shield and then some more vintage bone with Damascus blades and the standard Case shield. 😊

I think they do add evidence, as you noted. It's hard to find a canoe from that era with red bone ...... the three from that era that I previously had were brown bone with no tint of red. 😊

Still trying to catch up with this thread after 10 days away from the routines of home. Here are more posts that I found noteworthy in the past week or more.

Sensational coloring on your linear tomato! :thumbsup::thumbsup: 😲

Admirable checkered covers on your Marbles Barlow, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Presidential election year again. :eek: I'd vote enthusiastically for your Presidential! :thumbsup:🤓:thumbsup:

Splendid Solingen stockman! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
That brand seems quite rare on The Porch.

Jeff, I sometimes think you're just making up these holidays you claim to celebrate with your knife choices. o_O🤓

Thanks, José. :)

Sorry to hear about the poor fit on your dental partial, Dan; gotta be frustrating. :(

Very cool! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Is the closed blade a scaling tool?

That must have been a sight to see, John! 🤓 Did you win?
I went to a St. Paul Saints baseball game on 5/4/24, and the ticket contained this message:
"May the 4th be with them.
Here, we Live Long and Prosper for Star Trek. Presented by Koppy Motors."
They had some between-innings Star Trek related activities.
We also had a pre-game picnic lunch in an area behind the centerfield fence; there was a corn hole set-up there, except in Minnesota, they call the game "bags". I wonder how the names of that game are distributed across the U.S.

Striking handle art on your stainless Douk-Douk! :thumbsup:😲:thumbsup:

Impressive display for Derby Day!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Hope your foot (feet?) heals up soon, Tom! :eek:

Always a pleasure to see that superb stag shadow Lloyd, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

We drove across almost the entire width of Wisconsin on May 5, and I don't recall seeing any mention of the holiday.
Your distiguished dark duo rocks, Bob! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Captivating couple of canoes, Jim! :cool::cool::thumbsup: If the choice was mine, I'd opt for the wood burl (probably because I don't have a Buck canoe like your wood one).

Couple of Case charmers, Jer! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Sowbelly stockman is certainly in my top 5 favorite patterns (maybe even 1 or 2), and a swayback jack (in stag, no less) is a sublime small knife.

That Farmer X has most everything you could want in an Alox SAK!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Beautiful knife, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
What is that pattern called in Portugal? The handle shape reminds me of what's called a "coke bottle" in the USA.

That K'roo Barlow is killer! 😲:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fantastic cast metal Böker pen knife!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I hope the lake house trip went well; you certainly have a commendable couple of canoes to go with you! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I have a stag Mohawk canoe similar to yours which is probably my favorite among several dozen canoes I have.

Ravishing Richlite, Jeff! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT
Fantastic replay Gary. 👌

Back