What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

IMG-2194.jpg

Is it just me or does Mr. P’s knives look better than everyone else’s. Lordy that’s nice, Rob.
Couldn’t agree more!!! You start with an awesome collection - I LOVE all the old Catts - and you polish it off with otherworldly photography skills!! Mr. P. is a tough act to follow …

Wonderful picture. 🤠 :thumbsup:

That could have been real bad.
Glad your cows were smart enough to stay safe.
Glad you did not have an on site BBQ Bart.
A fine example of Boker's work.🤩
Thanks guys. I was glad I could see the cows moving away from the flames and I didn’t have to try get them around the fire. It could have been much worse.
Controlled burn to eliminate wild Mary Wanna/"Ditch Weed"?
(fairly common practice in the part of Iowa I was "raised".)
My understanding is stoned livestock act "strange" ... stranger than "normal" at any rate.
Apparently this fire started on a road a mile away from someone driving on a tire so flat the rim was sparking on the road. It burned across the neighboring ranch onto ours. The cows were surprisingly calm given the plane that was buzzing them.
Yesterday, I got some unsolicited post through the letter-box....but of a very welcome nature :cool: I was staggered to open the packet from the USA and find an amusing card and a wonderful Redbone CASE 087 pattern Stockman 1965-69:eek: For me? Indeed....it's a wonderful surprise and a fine addition..getting these things is not easy in Europe either!

The man responsible for this kind gift is ephsea ephsea . I'm very grateful indeed, nothing like CASE for Redbone 😻

View attachment 2600204
What a great surprise! Looks like a nice one.

Still with the new Case. Trying to break it in and smooth out the action. The action isn't bad, but only breaking it in can give you that buttery smooth snappy snap. Open close open close open close.

I even got out the 3in1 "reserve". It's so old that an 8oz can is priced at $1.87 and today it's $7.99 at the same hardware store. For some reason the older stuff is better. I don't know if they changed the formula or if it's just my brain playing tricks on me... But this old can is a better lubricant than the new plastic bottles.

Back