What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This one calls to me every day and even when I don’t carry it lol. Truth …
DyKDGnE.jpeg

Early morning light.
Getting ready to get the overalls on.
IMG_6456.jpeg
I’d wear overalls more often, but both of mine have one fatal flaw. The bottom of the front pockets are stiched to the legs, meaning that when I sit on something low so that my knees are higher than my hips, pocket knives slide right out.
EaugcBrh.jpg

These two should handle my needs well, and both are superbly lightweight. The Wayne Walker weight but a half ounce more than the 38, because thru tangs are magic.

Thank you Bob. This is hands-down my favorite tiny fixed blade pattern. Shrink it any more and it's a toy, but the PSK is suprisingly useful in the kitchen and daily living. Elmax at .093" and 61hrc is a good thing. I wish more makers had used Elmax for folding knives, it takes and holds a wonderful edge.

Thanks Bart, I know you are a fellow lover of a good composite material. Micarta fascinates me! I've had this Wayne Walker quite awhile, I should carry it more but it needs a better sheath. I may ask for a Horsewright gift certificate from Santa for Xmas...
Sorry to see you lose pasture, we'll miss the photos. But, you're right (you can tell your wife I said that), an end is merely a beginning in disguise. There'll be more work to do, somewhere somehow it always seems to find us. Hope the next chapter is a good one!
I saw no Sao lamb this morning. Pics or it didn't happen!

I'd try that sandwich, but don't spare the details Jeff - it's almost lunchtime 😋 Green or red tomatoes? Salt? Oil or Vinegar? White or wheat? And other condiments or greens on there?
It's definitely latex based caulk. Can you even get oil based caulk? But you are almost certainly right, the latex's gotta be easier to digest 😵‍💫
Gotta plant that garlic, thanks for reminding me Jeff you're a good influence ✌️
Well, my friend, use your favorite bread. I don’t eat white bread, but some kind of whole grain or seeded rye for me. Buttered both sides and toasted on the griddle.
Smucker’s All Natural Chunky ~ ingredients: peanuts

No sugar, and they don’t swipe the peanut oil and replace it with tropical oil hauled around in railcars.

Big thick slab of beefsteak type on top, and a little sea salt on the tomato.

And you remind me that next I need to plant the bulbils from the walking onions. The ones I started last year are huge.
I cut back on one row of garlic to leave room.

I might use that “Jeff you’re a good influence”. Don’t hear that one very often!
Decided to change out the Waiter for poker with a Schrade 36OT. No reason other than whim 😉
Spectacular DU Greenwing Teal Commemorative! 🤙

Smucker’s All Natural Chunky ~ ingredients: peanuts
If you have a food processor then throw in some roasted peanuts. I have no explanation why it tastes better. I use a cheap Oster brand. Throw in the peanuts, they turn into dust, wait just a bit longer, and suddenly the oil releases. You can even stop a little early if you want them a gritty texture or leave running for creamy. And of course throw in more peanuts with a few pulses to make chunky.

And then I tried all this with almonds...

Today's carry is an oddity that I picked up in 2016 at a web store that sold TSA confiscated knives. I have never seen a pattern quite like it and since it was cheap and had a sheepsfoot blade (my favorite) I grabbed it.
A Winchester 4660714A. I would guess an Asian origin.
3 1/8" closed length. The frame shape resembles a canoe, except the metal covers have no bolsters and have pinched ends. Some sort of stainless blade steel. Two spring design with a pull of about a 6 (assuming a 5 for an SAK). Built like a brick telephone booth and about that ugly, but surprisingly satisfying to carry and use. (Seriously, who puts black stripes on traditional knife blades.)

vt3aPan.jpg

Back