1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I carried this classy little lassy to church this morning.

[​IMG]

2. oldtymer

oldtymer Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Clean up duty in the yard today
    20170411_171822_zpsjjk3oa1a.jpg

3. solphilos

solphilos Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 17, 2009
    IMG_20180107_105719.jpg
    Something a little different today.

4. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    @JTB_5 , that's a captivating red Böker Barlow! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a sweet 85, Barrett: bone color and jigging are very appealing, as is the shield! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Single blade, or is there a secondary hiding behind that spear?

The buttery stag on your 73 is unbelievable, @johnny twoshoes !! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:

Distinctive knife, Senhor Pinto! :cool::thumbsup:

Two fantastic choices, Jack! :cool::thumbsup: Regarding lost quotes, sometimes if I quote posts as I'm reading them, but don't get a chance to reply to the quoted messages for a while (sometime between more than a day and less than a week), when I finally do try to insert the quotes, they'll be gone.

Another classic, Andi! :cool::thumbsup:

Congrats on that handsome coffin knife, @ibute21 ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Fascinating pair, Stuart; the Munster illustrates that "great things come in small packages", and IIRC the Case barlow has the intriguing mismatched covers, right? :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I like the contrasting colors almost as much as the matching covers you've displayed recently, Dylan! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Thanks for the compliment on my knives. :)

Still an overwhelming knife, Rob! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Good to see your congress again, Gary! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I agree, Jake; excellent pair! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Black Pioneer was the first Alox I bought, and still a favorite!

Gotta give MAMmy what she wants!! ;):thumbsup::D (I admire the clean, orderly, well-lit state of your workbench, FBC! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:)

Super stag Churchill, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Stuart. :)

Thanks, Jack. :)
    Splendid selections for today, and interesting photos (especially the hat shot). ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hard Worker AND Good Looker; can't beat that at all!! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Andi, that antique yellow jigged bone EO sheep/pen scout is about as good as a 15 gets, IMHO!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Compelling canoe, Alan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Particularly pretty pen pair, Stuart! ;):cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Watchpocket Knife of the Week is a Klaas brown mini canoe:
    [​IMG]

And, as always, I had my eternal EDC quartet with me this week, finally in a group shot to save some time/space. ;) Vic Minichamp, RR small stockman (thanks, @r8shell), Case SBJr (from @BigBiscuit GAW), and Guardians Lambsfoot (thanks, @mrknife ):
    [​IMG]

- GT

5. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks for the kind words and helpful info my friend :) I need to take more hat shots, but I am stuck onto my Harris Tweed flat-cap at the moment :) Lovely as your Klaas Mini Canoe is, I like the pic of your Eternal EDC far more :) :thumbsup:

6. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Always appreciated, GT, and your Case Jr is a real looker!

7. rockman0

rockman0 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2013
    Still an overwhelming knife, Rob! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT! I'm thoroughly enjoying it!

8. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks Mr. GT, regarding the keyboard I do not know, but it must be different!!!

9. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Nice Portuguese knife!!!

flatblackcapo likes this.
  10. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Thanks for the kindness Mr. GT...

11. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Today in my pocket I carry this navy knife...

[​IMG]

12. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Thanks, GT, for the kind comments. That Case barlow (pattern 05) has a matched mate on the mark side.

[​IMG]

It is my Case pattern 43 barlow that has the oddly matched covers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've got several head-scratchers.

- Stuart

13. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Thanks GT! I like that Canoe you’re toting today.

~Joshua

14. Chief

Chief Chief Master Sergeant USAF (ret) 1975-2000 Platinum Member

Nov 15, 1998
    Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. Capping off the weekend with this favorite.

[​IMG]

For some reason I like owning two from the same maker, in the unlikely event one would get lost.

[​IMG]

15. clutchcarter

clutchcarter Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Still carrying the Rough Rider gifted to me by Black Mamba, it's a dang nice knife!
    I hope Batman can keep the Joker from poisoning the city water well!
    [​IMG]

16. clutchcarter

clutchcarter Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Wow Chief, fantastic pair!

HWF and Chief like this.
  17. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    @Chief That's a particularly pretty pair, Top. Never tire of seeing either or both. Losing one would cripple me.
    - Stuart

JB in SC and Chief like this.
  18. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Totally agree on the dandiness of the chestnut jigged bone CV sowbelly stockman, Ron! ;):thumbsup:
    Looks like a hearty Sunday breakfast! I think a lambsfoot blade is a real star in the kitchen! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What an outstanding canoe!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the kind knife comments, Jack. :) I continue to rotate my ball caps daily throughout the winter, but each day's cap is hidden beneath a knit cap, a "ninja hood" (balaclava?), and the heavy hood of my parka! :eek:

Thanks, Jeff. :)

Thanks for straightening me out, Stuart. :confused::rolleyes: I should have known that the unique bolster and "one-arm blade" on the 05 pattern were unusual enough without unmatched covers, too! ;)

Thanks, Joshua. :)

- GT

JTB_5 and Duckdog like this.
  19. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Chief, beautiful doesn't even cover it.

Chief likes this.
  20. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Got home and boxed up the Dunlap to send to Mr Jim for a clean up and needed another to put in pocket. So my bucklite from my Boy Scout Days (26 years ago) caught my eye. Not sure why I dug it out the other day but I figured I should carry t a bit.
    051E765C-F39C-4DFB-BC44-00B585062F53.jpeg