What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

zt1KuCq.jpg

Amazing knife, Tim! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

@TheChunk91 , that Case (baby copperhead?) is bewitching! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

BTW, the Continental posted by @Gevonovich prompted me to pull out and post this five blade, 2.75" Munster camping knife for Stagurday.

CqO7hA8.jpg

The long Wharncliffe/lambsfoot-like blade is a file with the rasp grooves on the thick flat (not sharp) edge. The unseen corkscrew is the 5th "blade".
- Stuart
That is a spectacular Horseman Gev and I do so love them.... View attachment 896180
Stuart & Gev & Dwight, those knives are completely captivating, and the stag on each is just a dream!!! :eek::thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Another teardrop today.

Scintillating scarlet 2-blade teardrop, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Exquisite, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::confused:

... Biggest trophy the cobra won yet!
View attachment 896105
Congrats on the major award! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

just doing some carving at home, a gift from @waynorth ...
Classic jack, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

... here are some Old Pics of what I have been carrying every day . Northfields #43 and # 77

Harry
Fantastic pair of GECs, Harry! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Quite a crop of those ironwood Nf Barlows have sprung up on The Porch. Here are more:
It’s a dreary rainy day today.
Se7tXoRh.jpg

Primo patina coming on fast, Buzz! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
...This Ironwood 77 will definitely be one of those in attendance! :D
39897069340_c7b3175fd2_b.jpg
High-class dinner companion, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Idyllic ironwood pic, r8shell r8shell !! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Congrats on your ironwood Barlow, @HST ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Frankly speaking, you zapped me with that post. Thanks.
- Stuart
:D:D:thumbsup:

In Unity there is strength, and in a stag jack there is satisfaction, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Yep, phase shift and complex output voltage of a bandpass filter ;)
Decades since I did anything like that! :eek::rolleyes:

O6922mW.jpg

Wright, Case, Ju-Ca, Vic, Buck
Quality quintet, Jer! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs
The only info I found was a number Gary. I first saw the knife when Stuart ( D Duckdog ) posted it. As far as I can tell it's just number 511.
Thanks for the info, Alan. I'm going to think of it as a barehead lockback 1-blade canoe. ;)

Thanks ! I go back and forth ;) but If I had to pick right now I'm partial to the clip point Jack :thumbsup:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Thanks, GT. They are celluloid; I don't know the color scheme names. So far, so good on their stability.
Congratulations on getting your fine looking teardrop blinking properly.
- Stuart
Thanks for the cover info, the teardrop comment, and the relevant lyrics (of a song I apparently don't know :confused:). :):thumbsup: I almost always ease my blades closed, so I don't know why it bothered me so that the teardrop HAD to be closed that way. But I'm much happier to know it will now snap closed even though I won't let it. :rolleyes:

Kz5Janv.jpg

- Stuart
Speechless!! :eek::eek: Knives with covers like that are completely beyond my experience! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

@Jfowl31 Thanks for the EZ open notch Jordan. It works great. This Stag 56 is in my pocket today.

zD93gqH.jpg
Superlative, @hamsco ; stupendous stag! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Case Damascus #47 pattern stockman
CKSoKJH.jpg
Sunday-best stockman, Jeff!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Going to carry my GEC Churchill this week. Is this the perfect pocketknife? If not, it’s darn close. ...
View attachment 896799
fPubJ6T.jpg

Thanks, good memory, the roundhead also came in with some nicely figured horn.
z1MM1DN.jpg
Impressive Churchill testimonials, @Ratbert @pistonsandgears @Leslie Tomville !! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: (If the main blade was a spearpoint ... :rolleyes:) P&G, that's a notable ram's horn pair you have! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Gary. Glad you got your Case Teardrop to work a little better.
41072481614_5f310cc414_h.jpg

Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley , thanks again, buddy.
That German stag whittler is sublime; congrats!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Thanks for the teardrop support. :)

Carrying this Needham Lambsfoot again today, along with a Vic Electrician :thumbsup:

View attachment 897022

View attachment 897023
It's late (or early) here now, but I admit that tomorrow, I'll be carrying one of the pinnacles of functional understatedness, myself...
SXI2mo5.jpg
Jack and Chin, I'm always elated by the Vic Electrician! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This Winchester Swell-Centre Pen.

Not looking forward to this week, lot of stressful meetings in the pipeline, most meetings are waste of time in my view-just opp for loudmouths to revel in the sound of their own voice and imagined importance:rolleyes::D At least tomorrow is a public-holiday here:cool: Mayday!

IS3dIey.jpg
Happy May Day, Will! :) I hope your week turns out better than you fear. Wondrous whittler :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:; who's the horseman in the background??

Frank Buster Celebrated Cutlery Fightn Rooster

41084846034_3ab8e3bc13_b.jpg
Love your 2-blade toothpick, Gev!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Brand new arrival, thanks Tony (Heirphoto).
MTOuDTR.jpg
Congrats on the new knife, Ken! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Cool book/blade combo! ;)

- GT

Congratulations to you and your wife, Taylor. Great news for all y'all.

What @Gevonovich said.
BTW, the Continental posted by @Gevonovich prompted me to pull out and post this five blade, 2.75" Munster camping knife for Stagurday.

CqO7hA8.jpg

mlYWZTn.jpg

The long Wharncliffe/lambsfoot-like blade is a file with the rasp grooves on the thick flat (not sharp) edge. The unseen corkscrew is the 5th "blade".
- Stuart
Stuart that is an awesome piece right there! I've never seen one like that. Would you happen to know the time line on the production of it?

That is sweet looking Barlow, SteveC. What with the swedge and longpull on the main blade.. Looks like real work horse. I've got something similar in my pocket today, a Queen Barlow with similar blade geometry in winterbottom bone that looks like honey and molasses.

I posted earlier today, including comments on posts going back to Saturday, I think. :rolleyes:
But I forgot to post any of the knives I'm carrying this week.:confused: Here are some of them.
Alox of the Week is Vic Electrician (thanks, Greg):
v1U24or.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Huntsman:
RI3g33q.jpg

Stockman of the Week is actually a Kingston cattle knife (thanks, Mark):
OF0QgTP.jpg

Canoe of the Week is a Colt with G-10 covers and Ti-coated carbon steel blades:
PbcXNRQ.jpg

- GT

Thanks for the cover info, the teardrop comment, and the relevant lyrics (of a song I apparently don't know :confused:).

It's "Raindrops", a 1961 hit (#2 on the Hot 100) by Dee Clark:

Stuart & Gev & Dwight, those knives are completely captivating, and the stag on each is just a dream!!! :eek::thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Speechless!! :eek::eek: Knives with covers like that are completely beyond my experience! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, GT. Yes, the MOP and abalone covers are pretty fancy (my wife asks where I'm going when I pull them out). I like your EDC group, especially the Electrician (my cigar trimming choice) and the Kingston.

Stuart that is an awesome piece right there! I've never seen one like that. Would you happen to know the time line on the production of it?

Sorry, Dwight. My search for information has been fruitless so far. Thanks for the kind remarks.

- Stuart

Back