What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Real nice Stuart. Love the warm tones on those bones.

Thanks, Nick.

I see no use for a Spey in my situation, I don't geld animals..:eek: nor skin them. Don't want to use a pocket-knife for spreading jam or suchlike - the default use of the Spey it would appear - think of the joints:thumbsdown:

I do skin animals, so I find a stockman to be a good back-up knife (other than a larger folding hunter) on a hunt. However, I do agree with your view on using a folding knife to spread jam or for other culinary chores due to the need to clean out the joints and blade wells. Sure they can cut food, but the bother of cleaning deters me. Maybe I'm just too fastidious and need to relax.

Utica Jack today

I'll see your Utica jack and raise you one with an Ulster, Steve (see my following post). Nice old knife.

I’ve been carrying my new Pepe Jalomo Lanny’s Clip this week. Jigged Emerald Shadetree Burlap Micarta handles.

I have large pockets that could fit that 4" of fanciness fairly well. Beauty!

I’ve got this Robeson scout knife with me today.

I love that strawberry bone (which, I think, was used 1948-1959).

These two today: A 2015 Tidioute #73 Scout in Osage Orange and a 2018 A. Wright Guardians Lambsfoot in Ebony!

Great Wooden Wednesday pair, Ron. The Osage Orange is a deeper color than I've seen - nice.

I don’t drink. But I can still get Hammered.

I really love a toothpick (B. Levine calls them "ticklers", but I don't think that blade would tickle) and the MOTS covers.

r8shell r8shell That's a nice Wooden Wednesday selection (or for any day).

- Stuart

An I*XL (George Wostenholm) curved jack, with toothpick and tweezer (1890-1971), and a Ulster serpentine jack (1876-1941).

VAA7xsU.jpg

Lj8It7o.jpg

DhXueCZ.jpg

aiy3jeJ.jpg

vYfgrtA.jpg

VLAIM1Q.jpg

- Stuart

Thanks, Nick.

I do skin animals, so I find a stockman to be a good back-up knife (other than a larger folding hunter) on a hunt. However, I do agree with your view on using a folding knife to spread jam or for other culinary chores due to the need to clean out the joints and blade wells. Sure they can cut food, but the bother of cleaning deters me. Maybe I'm just too fastidious and need to relax.

I'll see your Utica jack and raise you one with an Ulster, Steve (see my following post). Nice old knife.

I have large pockets that could fit that 4" of fanciness fairly well. Beauty!

I love that strawberry bone (which, I think, was used 1948-1959).

Great Wooden Wednesday pair, Ron. The Osage Orange is a deeper color than I've seen - nice.

I really love a toothpick (B. Levine calls them "ticklers", but I don't think that blade would tickle) and the MOTS covers.

r8shell r8shell That's a nice Wooden Wednesday selection (or for any day).

- Stuart

Did someone say skinning animals with a spey blade?
B9218A26-48E6-4613-AAFF-BC0D48C562A6.jpeg

An I*XL (George Wostenholm) curved jack, with toothpick and tweezer (1890-1971), and a Ulster serpentine jack (1876-1941).

VAA7xsU.jpg

Lj8It7o.jpg

DhXueCZ.jpg

aiy3jeJ.jpg

vYfgrtA.jpg

VLAIM1Q.jpg

- Stuart

Glad to see a spirited defense of the spey blade!
A great old I*XL jack with TWO!!!:thumbsup:

And I notice the accesories are stored in the butt in order to keep them clean.:D

Thanks Stuart! This OO is from 2015 and has taken a nice patina over the years. There are some on here that I have seen posted that have equal or slightly better coloring, but I have always been pleased with this one! :)

DhXueCZ.jpg

- Stuart
That is quite a distinctive Wooden duo you have posted today. :thumbsup::cool: They are a very classy pair indeed! :D

How do you answer this question?

We took our granddaughters swimming at the beach on Lake Geneva Wisconsin yesterday. When you enter, they put a wrist band on you. Afterward, I used my tiny little SW Stockman that r8shell r8shell gave me last year to cut them off.
The 11 yr old asked, “Papa, why do you always carry a knife?”

~ I like knives
~ Something always needs cutting
~ Everyone should
~ So I can show my friends on Blade Forums what I’m carrying:D

Back