What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Bodacious bone!
Would love to see more...
Thanks Amir! I actually just received this knife. The small blade is a nail breaker and snaps like a gator. Main blade has a pretty strong pull and snap too. One thing I noticed is that the pile side has 4 pins but the mark side has 3, not including the shield pin. It doesn’t look like it’s missing or the hole filled in/repaired. Is that normal? Would love to hear from you guys. Here it is opened. I don’t have a pic of the pile side. Will take some tomorrow.

This is my first post - I have referred to this site for years and just became a member a few days ago.

I may be a bit late to the game, but I wanted to contribute:

I currently alternate my edc between my Opinel No 6 carbon and my case sodbuster jr (I just added a cv yellow sodbuster to the collection and it is what I am carrying).

Let my put an image in (If I can figure it out).
First try:Hope this works!

XRM78v

dateposted-public

28bnTE5

Anyways, about my journey: learning to prefer traditional pocketknives.

I was gifted a knock-off buck (55like) lock-back folder when I turned 8 and became a little "cub scout". That knife could sharpen sticks and cut rope like a demon - pretty much all I needed it for.. I collected a few different other scout knives in my early teens (I also added a Case Sodbuster jr ss and an Otter Mercator).

In my teens I also got caught up into all the flashy 'tacticool" knives that can take out bad guys and zombies alike... they encumbered my pockets and felt so cool to have, but I used them very seldomly (if ever).

As a young adult I lived in Russia and Kazakhstan and was not able to carry anything resembling a weapon - I had some tactical Boker spearpoint knife confiscated by a military policeman on a train during a routine cabin search at some old soviet stop-n-search station in the middle-of-nowhere Kazakhstan.

So, naturally I bought a new knife as soon as I could (and came to again love and appreciate the simplicity and underplayed strength of your classic pocket folder).

I bought a carbon Opinel no. 6 knife for about 400 rubles (this was in Russia with an exchange of like 32 rubles to the American Dollar). I got it registered and had a sort of concealed weapon permit allowing me to carry this little knife through train checkpoints... this fixed my problem, but got me HOOKED on slipjoints, Opinels and the likes.

I carried this Knife every day for about 8 years. My wife and I just moved and I (unfortunately) lost the knife somewhere - my wife just replaced it for father's day 2018.

I used a giant sodbuster last Elk season to help filed dress and quarter our animal.
I've pushed an opinel much harder than I think those guys in France ever intended for.
My sodbuster jr has been on countless exhibitions - repelling, climbing, wilderness first-responding (yeah I made that into a verb)... and the like.
I feel that I can use a simple pocket knife in any scenario without ever feeling ill-prepared... well, except for fighting zombies I guess...

This is a long post - kudos to anyone reading this!

Thanks for your posts throughout the years! I have admired your comments and taken LOTS of advise from the sidelines for such a long time!
I am glad to start participating.

Welcome aboard! (Great first post :thumbsup:)

This is my first post - I have referred to this site for years and just became a member a few days ago.

I currently alternate my edc between my Opinel No 6 carbon and my case sodbuster jr (I just added a cv yellow sodbuster to the collection and it is what I am carrying).

42780626004_0c7e74297f_z.jpg
Knife collection[/url] by Dal Starr, on Flickr[/IMG]
dateposted-public

28bnTE5

https://flic.kr/p/28bnTE5

I was gifted a knock-off buck (55like) lock-back folder when I turned 8 and became a little "cub scout". That knife could sharpen sticks and cut rope like a demon - pretty much all I needed it for.. I collected a few different other scout knives in my early teens (I also added a Case Sodbuster jr ss and an Otter Mercator).

In my teens I also got caught up into all the flashy 'tacticool" knives that can take out bad guys and zombies alike... they encumbered my pockets and felt so cool to have, but I used them very seldomly (if ever).

As a young adult I lived in Russia and Kazakhstan and was not able to carry anything resembling a weapon - I had some tactical Boker spearpoint knife confiscated by a military policeman on a train during a routine cabin search at some old soviet stop-n-search station in the middle-of-nowhere Kazakhstan.

So, naturally I bought a new knife as soon as I could (and came to again love and appreciate the simplicity and underplayed strength of your classic pocket folder).

I bought a carbon Opinel no. 6 knife for about 400 rubles (this was in Russia with an exchange of like 32 rubles to the American Dollar). I got it registered and had a sort of concealed weapon permit allowing me to carry this little knife through train checkpoints... this fixed my problem, but got me HOOKED on slipjoints, Opinels and the likes.

I carried this Knife every day for about 8 years. My wife and I just moved and I (unfortunately) lost the knife somewhere - my wife just replaced it for father's day 2018.

I used a giant sodbuster last Elk season to help filed dress and quarter our animal.
I've pushed an opinel much harder than I think those guys in France ever intended for.
My sodbuster jr has been on countless exhibitions - repelling, climbing, wilderness first-responding (yeah I made that into a verb)... and the like.
I feel that I can use a simple pocket knife in any scenario without ever feeling ill-prepared... well, except for fighting zombies I guess...

Thanks for your posts throughout the years! I have admired your comments and taken LOTS of advise from the sidelines for such a long time!

Welcome! Try postimage dot org

Knife_collection.jpg

My sodbuster jr has been on countless exhibitions - repelling, climbing, wilderness first-responding (yeah I made that into a verb)... and what have you.

Nice collection! But one of them does not belong.....
Welcome to the Porch!

Back