What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Riding alongside of the Camillus today is an old favorite, the Lone Wolf Loveless City Knife in green canvas micarta. I haven't seen too many of these around the porch. Just one or two others. Mine was given to me as a Christmas present back in 2003, by my father. It's long become the knife I carry on special occasions, especially when family is around and presents will need to be opened. It's always with me when I hang with my dad.

The design is very well thought out, and definitely has that Loveless aura about it. The lines of the knife have the artful appearance of a real custom, yet the City Knife could originally be purchased for less than a hundred bucks.

The frame provides a very secure grip, and the blade is simply exquisite. Nice thin grind. Lone Wolf called it a modified wharncliffe, and it truly lies somewhere between a wharncliffe and zulu. I'd love to see more knives with blades of this shape. It's fantastic for everyday utility work, and that nice pointy tip works a treat for cleaning trout on the weekends. One of the finest blade shapes I've ever used. The City Knife is even a breeze to pinch open, thanks to the blade shape.

This was a modern traditional made before modern traditionals were even really a thing. Interesting in that it was made in Italy, where the best of the next generation of modern traditionals are currently being manufactured.

I view this knife with great reverence. Having a knife designed by Bob Loveless, made with such wonderful attenton to detail, and given to me by my own father, makes this City Knife an absolute treasure to me.

TNccwv8h.jpg

bjDYi8zh.jpg

Riding alongside of the Camillus today is an old favorite, the Lone Wolf Loveless City Knife in green canvas micarta. I haven't seen too many of these around the porch. Just one or two others. Mine was given to me as a Christmas present back in 2003, by my father. It's long become the knife I carry on special occasions, especially when family is around and presents will need to be opened. It's always with me when I hang with my dad.

The design is very well thought out, and definitely has that Loveless aura about it. The lines of the knife have the artful appearance of a real custom, yet the City Knife could originally be purchased for less than a hundred bucks.

The frame provides a very secure grip, and the blade is simply exquisite. Nice thin grind. Lone Wolf called it a modified wharncliffe, and it truly lies somewhere between a wharncliffe and zulu. I'd love to see more knives with blades of this shape. It's fantastic for everyday utility work, and that nice pointy tip works a treat for cleaning trout on the weekends. One of the finest blade shapes I've ever used. The City Knife is even a breeze to pinch open, thanks to the blade shape.

This was a modern traditional made before modern traditionals were even really a thing. Interesting in that it was made in Italy, where the best of the next generation of modern traditionals are currently being manufactured.

I view this knife with great reverence. Having a knife designed by Bob Loveless, made with such wonderful attenton to detail, and given to me by my own father, makes this City Knife an absolute treasure to me.

TNccwv8h.jpg

bjDYi8zh.jpg
Buzz, I've always admired the Lone Wolf Loveless City Knife and totally agree that a modified wharncliffe blade is perfect for daily use. I know that Ted ( T. Erdelyi T. Erdelyi ) posts his once in awhile.
It's got to be nice to carry and use that knife and know your dad gave it to you. Great stuff.

With starting a new job, I'm so far behind on this thread. I've seen some incredible, old pocket pals and some stunning customs in my brief peruse of the past few pages. Well done, everyone. Gary, I love seeing that little Pinched Peanut of yours!

I've got a pretty full load going today. I'm still adjusting to the size of the SAK Compact compared to my old Executive. I do like the larger scissors, though.
PAMK0Ml.jpg

TNccwv8h.jpg

bjDYi8zh.jpg
I think both of these Lloyds qualify Buzz.IMG_8755~2-1280x858.JPG

That's a cool looking knife. Why do companies always discontinue their cool stuff?
Sad, isn't it?
I know with AG, many of their contracted producers are no longer in business. :(
They have typically made very few of their own designs.
A great company. I love their stuff :thumbsup:

Carried these 2 with me today to the YMCA and then coffee with my friends . I do not think I have ever carried these together and seldom carry either one even though they both are very well made .

Harry
Beautiful rams horn :thumbsup:

TGIF! Made a trip to the Town Hall yesterday and picked up a new fishing license.
I can't leave this little Dozier behind for long. It begs to be carried and used. Such a handy little knife.
27oakoe.jpg
That's a great little fixed. I like little fixes, lol :cool:. Is that from the AG catalog?

d0ALtON.jpg

What's in the watch pocket?
WjKJLLq.jpg

These!:D:thumbsup: Of course the hawkbill and Tinker normally ride in my tool bag.
A wicked arsenal there, Sir :thumbsup:

Lil' Lockback today.
Happy Friday all!
~Don

full

TNccwv8h.jpg

bjDYi8zh.jpg

I love that Lone Wolf/Loveless City Knife. Such a great gentleman’s knife and that wharncliffe blade is a needle. The grind is thin, easy to maintain and super useful. I use mine as an EDC that I literally carry everyday.

One last thing I love about that knife, it’s pinchable like an Easy Open blade without the notch/cutout.

Now I gotta post a picture of mine. Here it is in the slipsheath I made for it nestled next to my current every day forum knife. ;)

bvu7vOih.jpg

OqsmGLMh.jpg

XZo1t81h.jpg

As you can tell from the pic, mine’s well used and showin’ it’s age. Although I really believe that little knife will outlast me and wind up in a grandkid’s hand someday. :)

Last edited:
I love that Lone Wolf/Loveless City Knife. Such a great gentleman’s knife and that wharncliffe blade is a needle. The grind is thin, easy to maintain and super useful. I use mine as an EDC that I literally carry everyday.

One last thing I love about that knife, it’s pinchable like an Easy Open blade without the notch/cutout.

Now I gotta post a picture of mine. Here it is in the slipsheath I made for it nestled next to my current every day forum knife. ;)

bvu7vOi.jpg

OqsmGLM.jpg

XZo1t81.jpg

As you can tell from the pic, mine’s well used and showin’ it’s age. Although I really believe that little knife will outlast me and wind up in a grandkid’s hand someday. :)

Outstanding!!!! I'm going to have to start carrying mine more often. It deserves far more pocket time than it gets.

What I find really interesting is the slip joint on the City Knife. The blade tang has notches machined into the half stop position and the fully open position, for the spring to slip into. I don't think I've ever seen, or at least noticed, another knife built this way.

That's a great little fixed. I like little fixes, lol :cool:. Is that from the AG catalog?
I believe they had it in their catalog at one time. I've had it for awhile. At 5 3/8" its easy to carry. I find it a very handy little knife and with the leather fob I can get a 4 finger grip on it.

Back