What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

A favorite stockman today.

PJeV9zY.jpg

Which knife is that Will?

Thanks Christian, and others. To answer your question, Pradel, France, P3 in horn. 9.5cm/3.75" Opens out straight just like a dagger, no droop (cant) at all, nor blade play, strong W&T. Thick horn slabs that show no shrink, warp or flaking round the pins. It seems to me that manufacturers in continental Europe- France, Italy, Spain really know how to deal with and select horn. The examples I've had on American or English knives are much less impressive.

Really like this knife for its feel and the fact that @Jolipapa very kindly gave it to me along with a parcel of other nice items, some shown in the pic as well:cool:

Thanks Christian, and others. To answer your question, Pradel, France, P3 in horn. 9.5cm/3.75" Opens out straight just like a dagger, no droop (cant) at all, nor blade play, strong W&T. Thick horn slabs that show no shrink, warp or flaking round the pins. It seems to me that manufacturers in continental Europe- France, Italy, Spain really know how to deal with and select horn. The examples I've had on American or English knives are much less impressive.

Really like this knife for its feel and the fact that @Jolipapa very kindly gave it to me along with a parcel of other nice items, some shown in the pic as well:cool:

Great knife. I'm going to have to find one for myself.

Thanks, Nick, and you caught the light in that MOP very well.
Terrific toothpick, Nick, bordering on elegant. Well done.

Thanks for the nice compliments Stuart! It sure is difficult to capture a good shot with MOP but I really like the different colors and tones that show under different lighting.

This little E Weck pen for me today.

In honor of the several nice Schatt & Morgan knives that I've seen posted recently, I switched from my morning carry (Opinel No. 8) this afternoon to a dressier knife and went to a local spot to gab with some friends and have some cooling beverages (yes, it's still hot here, though less humid - we're in a drought). Miss Norma joined me for dinner (half-priced burger night, so I picked up the tab). This was my totin' choice: Schatt & Morgan equal end jack in Rogers bone, 1902-1928.

hBX2sqj.jpg

BUrFSG2.jpg

OCuqVrx.jpg

YXqNfad.jpg

When I logged back on after dinner, I saw that a couple more S & Ms had been posted. Very cool.
- Stuart

In honor of the several nice Schatt & Morgan knives that I've seen posted recently, I switched from my morning carry (Opinel No. 8) this afternoon to a dressier knife and went to a local spot to gab with some friends and have some cooling beverages (yes, it's still hot here, though less humid - we're in a drought). Miss Norma joined me for dinner (half-priced burger night, so I picked up the tab). This was my totin' choice: Schatt & Morgan equal end jack in Rogers bone, 1902-1928.

hBX2sqj.jpg

BUrFSG2.jpg

OCuqVrx.jpg

YXqNfad.jpg

When I logged back on after dinner, I saw that a couple more S & Ms had been posted. Very cool.
- Stuart
Beautiful Jigging on the Rogers Bone S&M. Stuart.

Beautiful Jigging on the Rogers Bone S&M. Stuart.

Thanks, Harvey. I guess that I could have laid it across my burger as an honorific homage (is that redundant?), but Miss Norma has certain standards for table manners while sitting at the bar. And she definitely wasn't going to let me muck around in her dessert when we got home. So that's what I had for posting.
- Stuart

Thank you, Stuart, much appreciated. That S&M cigar jack of yours looks very pre-war, what can you tell us about it?
The bone and jigging is fantastic!

Thank you very much, couple of great-looking Robesons there with you my friend :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack! Another stunning stag covered Barlow for you with a cool Camillus "what-a-knife":cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
We’re back home after a great trip to the Rendezvous. I’m hoping everything goes as Smooth as these two today! It’s great to be back home! Hope y’all have a great week! :) :thumbsup:
Quite the attractive couple of Lamb/Ram foot knives, Ron!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Orange and yellow delrin makes me smile.
Those two delrin covered beauties look great together Jeff!!!:D
Maybe this pair for Mammoth Monday.
Quite a tough decision as both pairs are amazing Gary!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Thanks, JJ, and that's a delicious duo you've were packing. Excellent!
Thank you Stuart!!!
Thanks, JJ, and that's a delicious duo you've were packing. Excellent!
Thanks again Stuart!!!
This was my totin' choice: Schatt & Morgan equal end jack in Rogers bone, 1902-1928.
Wow Stuart, the covers on your vintage S&M are mind boggling!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::confused:
A favorite stockman today.
I can certainly see why; lovely S&M Stockman!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Ebony & acrylic to start my week.
Great way to start your week; a couple of outstanding pocket totes!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
This little E Weck pen for me today.
Your E Wick is quite a jewel, Nick!!!:D
You always have an awesome selection of cutlery Josh!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:

Back