What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Interesting conjecture about mustard patina, and it makes sense. Here's another example of "mustard blob" results:
joker-used-open-pile-jpg.1200314

Pretty patina on a good knife Gary.;):thumbsup:

Workin in my shop with Waynorth Cutlery at my side:thumbsup:
ewhAZR.jpg

Jo82Cd.jpg

Looking good Paul, hope you get to put your feet up today :)

Sowbelly of the Week is a Rough Rider model with smooth tobacco bone covers:
View attachment 1200316

Stockman of the Week is a Schrade 897UH (thanks, Dean):
View attachment 1200317

Delightful duo GT, and I enjoyed seeing your Joker :) :thumbsup:

- GT

Great-looking Hess :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Was curious what that cool post WW2 was hafted in.:D

That's yer genuine Bexoid Harvey! :D :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack!!! That's quite a cool Needham, Hill Street jack; it has "military issue" written all over it!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks JJ, a kind gift from Duncan @Campbellclanman a few years back :) During WW2, all the Sheffield cutlers produced knives for the British Military. There were several patterns, but most had checkered 'Bexoid' scales, like this:

5Kn9qma.jpg

Some companies continued to produce them after WW2, but a few also produced knives for sale in NAAFI institutions, which would probably have been bought mainly by men doing post-war 'National Service', and used up some of the tooling, and even the parts, left over from the clasp knives. There are three patterns I know of, a Sheepsfoot, Sheepsfoot and Pen, and this one :thumbsup:

BVmtpVL.jpg

Morning folks, hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I've got a load of chores today, so I better stop lollygagging and get on with them! :rolleyes: Enjoy your Sunday folks :) :thumbsup:

dR2hv1W.jpg

lUhrOF4.jpg

Your swayback/barlow combo is a salubrious Case couple, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Nice! But now I have another gec to hope for. i want that exact knife with a wharncliff secondary. Lol
Wharncliffe/spey sounds like a satisfying combination, although I'd prefer a mini trapper with spey/lambsfoot. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Salutary stag lambsfoot, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Marko
Scintillating photo of your fish barlow, Gev! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Hope everyone has had a reasonable week, and has a great weekend :) I'll be heading out with these three tomorrow ;) :thumbsup:
Surpassing selection, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

No change, it’s been this 72 for me. Love this time of year, kids are back in school, beaches are not crowded and the weather is sweet. Could use a little more swell in the water though.
Swell pic of your swell-center whittler at the swell-less beach, Nick! ;):cool::cool:

This one found its way into my pocket today.
Sweet spearpoint, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thank Goodness GT :) Now I can have a couple of Sam Adams Octoberfest beers to celebrate your canoes! :D
Thanks, Del. :D Sounds like a sumptuous celebration libation! :cool::cool:;)

Thanks, GT. Now I'll be able to sleep better tonight. :D
I seem to have that effect on students in class. :rolleyes: I hope your dreams were sweet!

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Every time you post one of your beautiful Canoes, I also go back in time to high school and think about another Canoe.:)
View attachment 1199861
I used Hai Karate. Had to fight the girls off!
Maybe I should get some of that seductive fragrance, Harvey, since I've become such a canoesseur. ;) I've been living basically unscented for the past 45 years, but in high school it would have been Old Spice for me (probably because that's what Dad used). About that time, I think a younger sister may have given me some of Vince's favorite potion as a Christmas gift.

Great couple of canoes; that FR 4 bladed canoe is really cool (Canoegress?)!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the support, JJ, and for the inventive naming suggestion. ;):thumbsup:

Friday was overwhelming with the wonderful traditional knives on this thread! My Saturday totes will be be a 4 bladed BB Winchester slicer and a 1946-56 Imperial toothpick.:)
What a supreme pair, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::cool: That toothpick is especially superlative with the striking celluloid covers! One of my favorite knives is a clip/pen Imperial toothpick a "generation" newer than yours.

And because today is Saturday, another stag in my pocket.;):thumbsup:
You certainly have a lot of sublime stag, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Nice Canoes !
Thanks, Steve. :)

A couple of oldies today
Happy Saturday everyone ! :thumbsup:
What a superb Case/Schrade duo of jack knives, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

We're headed to the rocky mountains for vacation, and I thought it appropriate to take this favorite little gem with me as my main knife.

View attachment 1200006
View attachment 1200012
Glad you're taking that stylish knife to the summit with you, Paul! I hope you have a super vacation! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Well it’s Stagurday! :cool: Pam and I got up this morning and went to our local orchard to get some fresh apples.
Ron, that Northfield stag Barlow is super suave, and the Pere David lambsfoot looks very suitable for apple work! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I was getting nervous because I need my Canoe fix, Gary.:) I have one Canoe which is the Buck model you have. :thumbsup: Are the Case models heavier or lighter than the Buck (just curious)?
Dean, I don't notice a difference in weight, but I may not be very precisely calibrated. :rolleyes: I checked a dealer's site that reports weights to the nearest tenth of a pound (again, not a lot of precision), and Case and Buck canoes were both listed at 0.2 pounds (I suppose that could range from about 2.4 to 4 oz.)

A Case sowbelly stockman and Case teardrop.
Another stellar pair of Case knives, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I really like the covers on the sowbelly stockman. How do you like the sowbelly so far, as compared to, say, you're 6347?

Sowday ....huh
Your stately sowbelly is stupendous, Gev! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

The Case yellow belly. Tony Bose design.
33pKQsB.jpg
I'm stupefied by the string of splendorous sowbellies! :thumbsup::eek::thumbsup:

Worked today, so I figured these would help whittle away the time. Couple of Germans dressed stag. Henkels on top and a Kissing Cranes on bottom.
Striking pair of German stag knives, David! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Got up this morning and the outside temperature was 73 F , so I decided that I would carry my two 73's today . Sorry about having to use old photos , because it is raining here ....
Harry
Those stag 73s are state-of-the-art, Harry! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you.
I'm pretty much over it, started back to work today.
I just gotta build my strength back up after two weeks of basically sleeping :D
:thumbsup::cool: Hope you're feeling sleek and solid soon!

GT thats a photo I took on Monday, usually by the first week of October the killer frost shows up, ready for destruction and mayhem. So hopefully I have until then to take some fall photos.;)
Some spectacular colors to enjoy for a couple of weeks, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

No special powers :) and no Photoshop either.
It's the real thing. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the info, Dan. :) Certainly surprising and special pics!

Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Electrician (thanks, Greg):
electrician.SFbooks.jpg

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Recruit (thanks to a different Greg for knife and bust):
recruit.closed.with.bust.jpg

- GT

Back