What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Barlow and a SY Whittler

HI8LO9sh.jpg

You could conquer the world with those two! :D :thumbsup:

Long, weary day today, but I've had help (2019 Guardians Lambsfoot SFO, Harrison Fisher Crown Penknife) ;) :thumbsup:

xvRS6c5.jpg

UYmS17O.jpg

:D Thanks Jack! But I don't have any plans of world domination at the moment.:D Beautiful Sheffield knives you have there. Especially that shadow Harrison Fisher Penknife.:thumbsup:

Busy week has prevented me from keeping up around here. I should at least post a few more of this week's carries before I hit the rack for Thursday.
Alox of the week is a Vic Secretary and non-Alox SAK of the week is a Vic Pocket Pal. I really like these little Vic pen knives!
secretary.mark.open.jpg
pocketpal1.deckrail.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the week is a Kutmaster Girl Scout knife:
kutmaster.GS.after.jpg

International Knife of the week (which is never a SAK, 'cause they have their own category) is a JJ Martinez navaja de campaña I bought in Granada, Spain:
campana.closed.out.jpg

- GT

Lovely pairing Ron :thumbsup:

Long, weary day today, but I've had help (2019 Guardians Lambsfoot SFO, Harrison Fisher Crown Penknife) ;) :thumbsup:

xvRS6c5.jpg
Thanks for the compliment Jack! It has indeed been a long tiring day, just getting from a day of mulch and fun things such as that! Lovely loaf of bread with your Lambsfoot today my friend!

I challenge myself to carry my Stockyard Whittler* every day**, until the first frost*** of Autumn****.

*in addition to any other knife or knives I may choose
**unless I am compelled to participate in an event or travel to a location where knife carry is restricted.
*** first frost can be interpreted to mean "jacket weather", as commonly understood in central Texas.
****if such previously defined cold weather does not occur before the autumnal equinox, this challenge may be extended to any time of my choosing, up to, but not exceeding the winter solstice.

Gt5XgCY.jpg
I've been keeping to my challenge and carrying the Stockyard Whittler every day since I got it in August.

Today's high temperature: 99F
Tomorrow's expected low: 50F

aJ6faQ2.jpg

Rachel, I live about 45 miles east of you...I believe that our first frost may not be until December this year!!! I agree wholeheartedly with your Central Texas definitions!
Ron

Headed out in the morning with my oldest daughter to go deer hunting. Had every intention to take the Hess Whitetail. About 3:00 I got the call from the nursing home that my 102 year old Grandad had passed. Being a lifelong hunter and knowing what he wanted to happen upon his death, we are going hunting. There will be a party later for him.

Now the only choice I had was to take his Western he gave me the year my oldest daughter was born. He packed it on Okinawa in WW II, used it on Moose, Caribou, Deer, Antelope, fish and who knows what else. Hoping he and it will bring us some good luck.

C91-A3-E88-DC49-4-E00-9-AE4-A0-EFA96-EB6-F7.jpg

I’ve been debating about what to do with the Frontier stockman I picked up like he used to carry. I thought about sending it over to be buried with him, in case he needs one wherever he ends up, but decided I’m going to just use the hell out of it...I think he’d approve.

FE265-E32-27-B5-40-B1-964-E-9-BD5654-A407-A.jpg

Consistently great photos, Harvey. :thumbsup:
I humbly thank you for the kind words, Vince. I am so looking forward to your reveal of your BD present in the near future.:)

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you kindly, Jack. Cool SFO. That wonderful looking loaf needs slicing, with lightly toasting, and something spread or melted on it. Your sweet looking Lamb could easily handle that.:)

5K Qs 5K Qs - Your Martinez navaja de campaña is magnifico.

Headed out in the morning with my oldest daughter to go deer hunting. Had every intention to take the Hess Whitetail. About 3:00 I got the call from the nursing home that my 102 year old Grandad had passed. Being a lifelong hunter and knowing what he wanted to happen upon his death, we are going hunting. There will be a party later for him.

Now the only choice I had was to take his Western he gave me the year my oldest daughter was born. He packed it on Okinawa in WW II, used it on Moose, Caribou, Deer, Antelope, fish and who knows what else. Hoping he and it will bring us some good luck.

C91-A3-E88-DC49-4-E00-9-AE4-A0-EFA96-EB6-F7.jpg

I’ve been debating about what to do with the Frontier stockman I picked up like he used to carry. I thought about sending it over to be buried with him, in case he needs one wherever he ends up, but decided I’m going to just use the hell out of it...I think he’d approve.

FE265-E32-27-B5-40-B1-964-E-9-BD5654-A407-A.jpg
Hats off to another member of the Greatest Generation on a life well lived!!! I think your grandpa would happy with your choice of knives and ecstatic that you’re sharing a hunting experience with you daughter!

Thanks Steve!!!
Craftsman and Camillus today...
ef54e281-eab4-46c6-8fe5-b909058c90ff-jpeg.1211031
Thanks Jeff!!! The Craftsman is still very cool and the blades look very full; I really admire your Camillus jigging, great job!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
"Budget" magnificence I say...wow !!! Love em both and great photo as usual :thumbsup: The early Imperials had the stuff :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you for your kind words on my relics :):thumbsup:
Wonderful "relics" Gev; and thank you for your very kind words!!!
Hammer Brand Imperial Cattle Knife with punch c. 1936 - 37

8255216517_f286a30c58_b.jpg

Excuse me Pal :rolleyes:

8050577317_49b863f2f1_b.jpg
What a wonderful pair your old Hammer and you Pal make; love that sharp punch!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, JJ, nice cracked ice! I put the Cut Co in pocket this morning.

ACiiTXu.jpg
Thank you Jeff!!! I was admiring your fantastic Schrade on the "old knives" thread; gorgeous jigging!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Beautiful image of that sensational jigging Paul!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
And in fabulous condition JJ :) :thumbsup:

xvRS6c5.jpg

UYmS17O.jpg
Thank you Jack!!! It's always a quite a pleasure to see your wonderful Sheffield beauties; a true standard in cutlery!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. It’s “Hammer Time” for that fine Stockman and Toothpick. Pre WWII, of course.:thumbsup:
Thank you Harvey!!!
Excellent artistic vision of another outstanding Sheffield slicer; very cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
JJ Cahill JJ Cahill Nice knives JJ!

Case XX 6279F
Thanks Nick!!! That's a really sweet Case with the lovely jigging and super sunken joints; the bolsters are reminiscent of Robeson, awesome!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Barlow and a SY Whittler

HI8LO9sh.jpg
A couple of beauties Steve, I'm a huge fan of those older Case Barlows!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Busy week has prevented me from keeping up around here. I should at least post a few more of this week's carries before I hit the rack for Thursday.
Alox of the week is a Vic Secretary and non-Alox SAK of the week is a Vic Pocket Pal. I really like these little Vic pen knives!
secretary-mark-open-jpg.1211403

pocketpal1-deckrail-jpg.1211404

Bailed non-SAK of the week is a Kutmaster Girl Scout knife:
kutmaster-gs-after-jpg.1211405

International Knife of the week (which is never a SAK, 'cause they have their own category) is a JJ Martinez navaja de campaña I bought in Granada, Spain:
campana-closed-out-jpg.1211407
Quite the lovely foursome Gary; your Vic Elinox is very cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back