What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Hopefully this Browning 502 with a new flannel slip from @Beard&Owl counts as a traditional.

gVzeD6i.jpg

ZsaSP5J.jpg

Case/Bose Wharncliffe Trapper

Great photo of a beautiful knife Mike :thumbsup:

I wonder if Tony Bose is aware of the Lambsfoot? :rolleyes: :cool: A feller can dream :D ;) :thumbsup:

I enjoy that picture so much. :cool::thumbsup:

This knife was gifted to me with the intentions that I would use it, not let it sit in a collection. That's exactly what I intend to do, use it! :)

Thank you John, I feel the same way about your HJ6, everytime you post a pic of it, something about that tomato acrylic puts a big smile on my face :D :) :thumbsup:

I paid all of 24 bucks for this little red folder. Even though the factory edge is a tad rough, it slices admirably. I used to throw wads of money into knives, and frankly, some of those knives weren't any better than generic models. One thing I would advise, buy a knife for yourself.

Attachments

• DSC03022.JPG
    DSC03022.JPG
    374.6 KB · Views: 58
:D
Heading to the airport soon for a one night trip with a carry on bag and unfortunately no knife allowed :(

I'll be in meetings with free WiFi so I'm sure I'll live vicariously through you fine folks:)

Don’t forget the little SAK on your key ring, and the Peanut jack in that little change/guitar pick pocket! Or the Leatherman in your cell phone case...:D

Apparently, a lot of fliers still don’t get it.
Do a search on the big auction site using some variation of “TSA knife”.

I think some vendors buy them from TSA in bulk. Some very good deals to be had!

Very nice indeed.
Thank you again. :)

Super nice! I love mine too, it's a gorgeous knife. :cool::thumbsup:

I wonder if Tony Bose is aware of the Lambsfoot?
Let's get Charlie on the job. ;):D

Thank you John, I feel the same way about your HJ6, everytime you post a pic of it, something about that tomato acrylic puts a big smile on my face :D :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack.
The acrylic covers do it for me too. When I was a boy, buying my own knives, the only ones I could afford were acrylic or delrin. They bring back a lot of memories for me. :cool::thumbsup:

2 from the Early 2015 run . Both carried in slips .

Harry

Thank you, Jack! A fine pair you are totin' today - the Hartshead is always a pleasure to see and it always looks good paired with some Ebony.

A double Sawcut day for me - I like all steel construction and I really like Red Sawcut.

F0h9x4x.jpg

You guys with these red sawcuts have me super envious, beautiful knives guys.

I think some vendors buy them from TSA in bulk. Some very good deals to be had!

Over here, they sell the confiscated SAKS, etc BY WEIGHT! :eek:

Shrade 881 in yellow delrin, and an old Robeson jack in ebony for Woodnesday...View attachment 1270051 View attachment 1270052

That's a lovely Robeson Jeff :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack.
The acrylic covers do it for me too. When I was a boy, buying my own knives, the only ones I could afford were acrylic or delrin. They bring back a lot of memories for me. :cool::thumbsup:

The same here John, but beyond nostalgia, I think it can be genuinely beautiful, and always fun :) I have some genuine tortoiseshell-covered knives, and a few in spotted horn (the traditional imitation), but I think the modern acrylic imitation is just as nice :thumbsup:

View attachment 1267755

Maiden Voyage for Heritage Jack, hafted in Mammoth Ivory. A Beast.
View attachment 1267758

View attachment 1267760
Holy Heritage Jack, Harvey! :eek: That mammoth is memorable; congrats! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
And your stag HHB is a real treat, as ever! ;)

Took a chance on this old Schrade Barlow from the auction site that somebody rehandled in some lovely smooth bone. The real deals fetch big bucks, but I'm glad I gave this old girls a chance.
IMG-20200118-172505.jpg
Congrats on the bewitching Schrade Barlow!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another Stag and Sawcut Saturday.

8PpmIzC.jpg
Capital couple of cutting tools, Dylan! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Liking the Back pocket folder, makes me think about getting one with stag, I always passed by this model as I 'thought' that I wouldn't like it, but due to getting the Giveaway package I was able to try it out and found I do like it ;) go figure !
G2
Congrats on your discovery about the back pocket knife, Gary! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'll bet a lot of us here have been surprised how wrong some of our preconceptions were about certain knives once we happened to get them in hand! :rolleyes: Might be an interesting thread: Share Your Surprises About Traditional Knives.

Been carrying this old Western barlow lately...
ubaPCiI.jpg
Wow, that's a wondrous Western, Wayne! :cool::cool::thumbsup: It's good to see one of your fine old Barlows again! :)

Todays totes are two from Robeson, both patterns originally from Sheffield; an English jack and a Barlow. :)
I am going to follow suit today. I've been missing the ole split back

45648794322_6232cc0fe8_b.jpg

Those are some regal Robesons, JJ & Gev! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

My apologies for falling behind with this thread :( Hope everyone is having a great weekend :thumbsup:

Y7b83WQ.jpg

NMx1npx.jpg
A pair of standout Barlows from 2019, Jack! I especially like the sunlit photo of your stag HHB! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Setting aside moral and theological reservations on being defined by our possessions, I am a Telecaster guy. I’m also a Camillus kind of guy, and a TL-29 kind of guy...
:rolleyes::D
View attachment 1268022
There's an introductory clause I don't recall seeing before in a post on The Porch! :thumbsup::D
Thanks for telling us what kind of a guy you are, Jeff! ;):cool::cool:

Going to pocket my new Case #47 Stockman today.
Case Amber Bone 6347 Stockman.

Those are a pair of handsome 6347s, John & Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Over the weekend, I stumbled upon a Rogers jigged walnut bone 6347 from a few years back at a dealer, and put it on my wish list, since I've always found that series from Case quite attractive and the '47 is my favorite larger stockman. I went back to the website Tuesday intending to order the knife, only to find that it was now out of stock! :eek::( "You snooze, you lose" strikes again! :rolleyes:

Engaging all-metal knife, Alan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Handful of happiness right there, Paul!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Knives look so much better to me without big square tang corners sticking out!

Totin' an old PAL today

M2mrCQG.jpg
Classy color and jaw-dropping jigging on the bone of your knife, Steve! :thumbsup::eek::thumbsup:

This knife brought me some luck this week. I carried it when I got some good news from the doctor. Got some absolutely excellent news on a promotional exam I have been working on for several months . And today I’m hoping it continues to carry through when the Packers beat the Niners to head to the Super Bowl:D:D:D

300-CDEAF-536-D-4392-BE5-B-06142-D911-E79.jpg
2 out of 3 isn't bad at all for a good luck knife, if you ask me!! ;):cool::cool:

New-to-me Western 6504 whittler for today.
full
Congrats on the whittler; looks fantastic! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

A Buck 110 for my Monday tote with a tough old TL-29 for that extra utility. :)
Couple of classics, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I wonder if "110" and "TL-29" are the two most recognizable model numbers among traditional folder fans.

Morning folks, starting off the week with these two :thumbsup:

nyGWTVt.jpg

jzbxxfn.jpg
Impressive way to start the week, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Super Schrade scrimshaw, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Back