What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

k4m69VI.jpg

LUBB66E.jpg

Ted! Long time no see! Guess what day yesterday was? :D

That’s me r8shell, always a day late and a dollar short.

How’s your family back east doing? Hope they’re all well.

I think I’ll be taking a lot more pictures to post. Now seems like a great time to set up that catalog of knife pictures. I’ve always wanted to finish my collection inventory.

I even have a few restoration/repurposing jobs I’ve been meaning to attempt. :)

I’m noticing there’s new faces, err umm new names out there at least some I don’t recognize. Of course I see there’s still many of the same old foggies out there, that’s comforting in these days. :)

Keepin’ my friends here, the members and families in my thoughts, stay safe folks the porch isn’t as much fun when there’s no one here to share it with. ;)

Carried this matched pair of Case Chestnut Bone beauties in my pocket to finish the night off.

ckjxD1ih.jpg

Perfect pair JJ :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone is managing OK. I was planning to head into town today to pick up a prescription, but I'm feeling pretty beat, after a bad night's sleep, so I think I might leave it for today. Got a treble again today - Hartshead Barlow, Libert Belgian Navy clasp knife, Manly Patriot ;) :thumbsup:

DGiqHlL.jpg

BSdgSWJ.jpg

oMAohUy.jpg
Thank you for your kind words, Jack!!!
Three wonderful images of your great tote choices today; every photo shows the unique character of each knife, very cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I do have this antique Can-O-Matic that belonged to my Grandmother. I’m going to take it apart, make some adjustments, and lube it. The mechanism is supposed to cam the gear down to release the can rim when you move the handle backwards, and it’s gummed up.
How about that awesome Seafoam Green color?!!
93b56333-7aea-43f3-b675-d9a4294bdc9e-jpeg.1314062
What a great duo Jeff; the "Can-O-Matic" is a classic piece!!! I recently found myself regularly using the "Swiss solution" at my mom's place as I couldn't find her standard (?) can opener.:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good morning on this friction Friday... Today in the pocket is my capucin knife by Phillipe Boyrie. He lives in the Pyrenees mountains. So the birthplace of this knife model and in production for more than 2000 years. It's a proper friction folder and only consists of a boxwood handle forested in cirque de gavarnie, 2 nails and a blade in xc75. In French it's called a 'deux clous' liitelary '2 nails'. The blade is just under 4 inches and the knife itself weighs 54 grams. Enjoy the week-end!
dyJ5AwK.jpg

7mYqu1U.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, same here. That knife has been sitting in a drawer for at least 6 months for no good reason. It's a nice handy knife and needs some pocket time

I think I'm going to carry mine today :)

Cheers, Bill ;)

WGVFoqO.jpg

:D :thumbsup:

Fab pics Dan :thumbsup:

For Friday/pour vendredi:
QgjWFkH.jpg

English & French
Anglais et Français

Fine-looking pair Vince :thumbsup:

Thank you for your kind words, Jack!!!
Three wonderful images of your great tote choices today; every photo shows the unique character of each knife, very cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A burly "Bull Buster" and a slick little KK Jr Stockman today. :)

Many thanks JJ, a dynamic duo for you today, cute KK Stockman :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, hope everyone is doing OK :thumbsup: Carrying these 3 today, Boker Stockman, Hartshead Barlow, and a Boker Plus/Tom Krein Pocket Bowie :thumbsup:

IjG4OHR.jpg

MGqtaLN.jpg

k6Cj4r7.jpg

With me on this sunny and windy Sunday is my Blood Red TC Barlow.

View attachment 1311605
Appealing knife, Dean, and the lacing on your sheath is splendid! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Utica Cattle punch and an old PAL
What a phenomenal pair of old knives, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stag Langres, France, by Stephane Thomachot.
I've see you posting that knife in various threads recently, Vince, but I don't think I've congratulated you on acquiring that captivating French folder. So, congrats! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I really like the blade shape; it reminds me of the shape of the blade on a Taramundi I have from northern Spain.

Gary, indeed I do have one of walnut Rogers jigged bone and threaded bolster knives (mine is the 3" 63090 stockman). :) All three of the knives you showed above are top-drawer. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :)

That knife is Aces, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
I appreciate the comment, John. :)

That chestnut peanut ain't nuttin' but the truth, GT.
- Stuart
Thanks, Stuart; I always admire your word smithing skills. ;)

Thank you for the kind words Gary, I'm sure you are right about those Delrin covers :) Terrific trio there my friend :thumbsup:
Thanks for saying so, Jack. :)

the Primble double end jack has sunken joints. Both are easy in pocket and hand.
The Primble, an opposite end 2 blade knife on a single spring ...
Round bolsters, sunk joints, double-end jack with single spring – I'm sold on the Primble, Stuart!! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Where do I sign up?

Still a very cool BSA blade; thanks Gary!!!

Now these's a lovely threesome; all wearing distinctively amazing natural covers!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for your thoughtful comments, JJ. :)
What a regal pair of Queen products you posted! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Another excellent trio, Gary.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for your encouragement, José. :)

Today with the Spanish Joker Braco in stag.;):thumbsup:
What a lovely stag lockback, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone is doing OK, and in good shape for another unusual week :thumbsup: I'm carrying these three today, my Hartshead Barlow, Vic Farmer, and a Boker Savannah :thumbsup:
Superior photos of a versatile trio, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I didn’t carry any stag on Saturday so here’s a double dose for Monday! :D Y’all be safe out there! :thumbsup:
Your stag Churchill and HHB are a memorable way to "make up for lost (stag) time", Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good Morning Everybody
Sticking with Lady and the Tramp today...
Praiseworthy pair, John, but which is which?? ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you have a sharp eye and some luck, you can find these old stone guitar picks laying around.View attachment 1312307
Totin two jacks today. 233 Schrade, and 54 GEC.
Looks like I'm not gonna find any, Jeff. :( My eyes are dull and "if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all." Your pair of jacks wins the pot! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

A little color to brighten my day.
Pleasant springtime duo, Tom! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Texas Jack (which I haven't carried in a while)

View attachment 1312444
Looking good, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

A couple I haven't carried in a while.
Couple of classics, IMHO!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Was just carrying this one today:
...Then this one arrived and it had to have it's pictures taken on The Box :
...Now they are both in the pockets

Harry
Impressive pair of Russell Barlows, Harry; congrats!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Going with these two trappers today. :)
That's a pair of serious trappers, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Today with this beautiful Portuguese knife in horn.;):thumbsup:
A noble and notable knife, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Still at work with these two.
View attachment 1312768
Sweet pair of swaybacks, Chuck! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Ted! Long time no see! Guess what day yesterday was? :D

Whoa! I think my grandmother had one of those. Does it mount on the wall and fold out of the way?
My twisty style can opener is missing in action, so I've been using the one on my Kutmaster GSK.
J5WOudp.jpg
Yep~ mounts on the wall or side of a cabinet, and swings out of the way. Also locks into place for use.
My Seafoam Green Stratocaster says hi to your Seafoam Green Girl Scout Knife!View attachment 1314623

What a great duo Jeff; the "Can-O-Matic" is a classic piece!!! I recently found myself regularly using the "Swiss solution" at my mom's place as I couldn't find her standard (?) can opener.:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
If she’s like my Mom, the missing opener is right there with all the dull knives!

More farm work is in store today, so it’s knives that perform better than they pose. Expecting to be transplanting some berry plants, so keeping the hawk in my pocket. Spent yesterday cutting out dead canes from rows of black raspberries for which I used this traditional cutter as well as heavy gloves...View attachment 1314637In my pocket...View attachment 1314624View attachment 1314625

Back