What was your first Becker and when did you get it?

I went back through some historical threads last night and made some discoveries. I bought my first Becker back in 2003 (Feb/Mar), a Brute BK-1. It didn't take me long and I had a BK-9 Combat Bowie in my possession that spring as well!

I was sliding down a slippery slope fast! I quickly purchases more Beckers and continue to pick them up as I find something about another model that intrigues me.

So what was your first Becker and when did you get it?

Thanks!

Oh, thanks for that trip down memory lane:)

My first Becker was an 11, bought it in 2014 and still have it!

I was looking for a Germany Knifelaws friendly EDC and well, fast forward to today I have tried many different knives, but the 14 made the race and is just married to my pocket, and comes out many times a day from cutting onions to baton kindling and opening letters...

Amazing Knives, wonderful people!

:)

My first was a BK9 several years ago. I used it around camp all the time and gave that one to my nephew when he got old enough to be going on his own. I followed that up with a BK15 and BK5 soon after and those are my favorite Beckers. Originally bought them for use as BBQ and cookouts, but soon had multiples of each and they get used more than any of my other Beckers.

My first 2 were a brute and a 7 i picked up second hand in the late 90's. They didn't fit my hand well and got traded off fairly quickly.
My interest was renewed when I met E at an ESEE gathering shortly before the reissue of the BK5.

Last edited:
I bought a BK9 a couple years ago. But I was gifted a BK-10 a little over a year ago that lit the fuse on me being a Becker fanatic . A don't process wood other than small stuff for small kindling the BK-10 is a fantastic using size

My first was Supposed to be a BK4 that I bought off an unscrupulous website.
They sold me ones they didn't have..... That didn't deter me though.
Shortly after I was able to snag a 5, and I jumped on many more

December 2017, BK7

enaeCeYaieNKJ6XQUxT1BtQdkB109PGA8hVzxbyqzGtfaZHA3N7p7wIZ4-tol9_J_dLmtPWnS1QTc6YxZ96abRB9CSAGK6aIcASRDNZgNqJyBWwc78JxWBGPTKpSEIo4JLY3E2Q5egs=w800

Now
L-iuwgij4BEHkK7p_89tNWIL8xpBjqytqG58Yn8Uk31yzVq9pIEZdIgMOuir887zoN9LkYKlI1ENxx52LFZmJUmjSprHxNgFXbgioNwFpW2I36riLth8tB_bXpYiFpXBA5txttT9wb8=w800

Last edited:
I bought a BK2 as my first Becker. I had never seen or held one in person before opening that package. That knife made the 12 year old in me so happy. I had planned on doing a rehandle and leather sheath. I should make that happen. I dont remember the year, maybe 2012 or so.

BK2 was my first got it in 2018. I was looking for a cheaper knife to use for crabbing chopping frozen chicken, popping shells off we clean before cooking. Also cheaper as I had lost a couple other knives over the years one was kicked into the bay and one was taken or misplace. It was worked wonderful over the years. C1F1290A-D29D-4424-B517-BB1BCE5E0461.jpeg

Back