What watch do you wear?

mrknife

Gold Member
official work,drinking beater watch. recent cpr class

npadLIE.jpg

Ironbut

Gold Member
There's some nice watches here! For some reason, I never got too wrapped up in expensive watches, but I've always had a watch on me. As kids, my brothers & I always had Westclox pocket watches. You could get them at the 5 & 10 or the hardware store for $3.95 back in the 50's. Now I wear either a Timex Expedition or a G-Shock. The G-Shock is solar powered & automatically downloads the official time from the satellite every night. My watches don't need to be nice, but they need to be rugged & I do require them to keep accurate time.

mrknife

Gold Member
There's some nice watches here! For some reason, I never got too wrapped up in expensive watches, but I've always had a watch on me. As kids, my brothers & I always had Westclox pocket watches. You could get them at the 5 & 10 or the hardware store for $3.95 back in the 50's. Now I wear either a Timex Expedition or a G-Shock. The G-Shock is solar powered & automatically downloads the official time from the satellite every night. My watches don't need to be nice, but they need to be rugged & I do require them to keep accurate time.

ah westclox pocketwatches are neat! some of those things were really built to last, I saw one in a vintage shop a few years ago and it was still able to wind up nicely.

Seiko 5 automatic watch blue for work.(incase I break it I wont feel bad)

But I used to wear a Timex easy reader but the metal band liked to catch on stuff and broke easy.

For going out I have my Tag Heur formula 1 and my Rolex oyster perpetual (think it's a 30's).

But I like my watches but the batteries where a pain to get changed which is why I wear an automatic watch. Gave my old one to my mom after cleaning the cloth band in vinegar & Dawn. She wanted to try a watch that didn't have a battery because they always die within a week to a month for her.