What watch do you wear?

20240423-113658.jpg

As you can see Seiko is gone in about 2 hours, while the Citizen is still going.
I charge my SRPG33 with a flashlight before turning the lights off and it's still glowing hours later when I wake up for work.

Maybe they have other types of lume besides the Lumibright ?.
Or could it just be that I've only had this watch a couple of weeks?

I charge my SRPG33 with a flashlight before turning the lights off and it's still glowing hours later when I wake up for work.

citizens lume is just as good on models comparing apples to apples....

You got a point. My experiment was far from being scientifically done. I charged them both under a lamp and perhaps it was not 100%. The only thing I can say for sure, both watches saw exactly same charge. So the only conclusion I can make was on their relative performance.

Perhaps I can repeat the test using my GS SBGA273 that is few years younger than my SBTM159.

SBTM159 is currently with Seiko USA for a service (I was hoping for a new crystal). It seems that it's not going to happen, as they can only do it in Japan and I am not keen on paying their shipping price with no commit that the glass would be replaced let alone the repair estimate. As much as I like my trusted SBTM159 watch its not worth paying more than it was new (being a cheaper watch).

In general it's my second try using Seiko USA for servicing Seiko watches and both times they would not help resulting in me shipping watches back and force for weeks waiting and nothing done.

Oops - I haven't swapped this one out, yet. (~2.5 weeks)
776tcOv.jpeg
I need to do a weight comparison of the TI vs steel...though, admittedly, the band on my blue one isn't stock (it came with rubber). Won't be today because I need to sleep...tomorrow or Wednesday

Back