What were your knife purchases in the last 30 days.

Cold Steel Hold-out 1. I knew that with a 6" blade this knife was big, but the pictures don't do it justice. I've found that, although it looks like the handle is designed so that there's not much to keep the hand from sliding forward onto the blade, the very size of the handle along with the very grippy G-10 scales ,as well as the holes drilled into the handle and scales to reduce weight, actually make for a very secure grip.
I like it very much, my only quarrel being with the pocket clip which like so many CS folders is so tight that it's difficult to clip into the pocket of any pants made of sustantial material.
Maybe they all wear linen pants in Ventura, California.

ZT 0550

Spyderco Pingo

Thats it, but I will need a new leatherman wingman soon.

Moki pair...firsts for me, stag and traditionals

moki.jpg

just ordered a white shadow swiss army classic and a case sod buster jr in carbon fiber. Firsts as well for me.

Ordered another SRM 763. Ik already had the G10 one, now I ordered the aluminum one.
It's just one of those knives I keep coming back to for edc. It's lightweight, deploys extremely fast, the 8cr I'm quite familiar with and it performs very good for regular every day use and I can get it really, really sharp. It rides deep in the pocket, has good grip... The hollow grind is one of my favourite grinds for this type of knives. I can get this grind sharper than a flat ground, it slices better than a flat ground knife or a convex knife (imo), it just loses its edge faster since it's so fragile. Don't know what else I'd want in a light duty edc folder. I keep rotating between this one and my Delica. For the price, I thought well heck I'll just get the other version too.

Just purchased my first Strider from hoodep here on the BF!

Very excited about this :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361252231.360864.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1361252325.849408.jpg

Then came across this! Had to buy it. Long time discontinued, collaboration between Lone Wolf (before BM bought them) and one of my favorite knife designers/makers William Harsey.
4.8 inches of S30V!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361252478.690270.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1361252490.686895.jpg

A custom from J. Woytaz, a Ratmandeux, and yesterday I finally got a Case 5375. I have been after one for about 5 years but never found one that I could afford. These were all bought within the last 10 days so I will pull in my horns for a month or so.

Opinel No. 8
Enlan EL-02B

(I'm a poor college student. If I could afford it, I'd have a much longer list with much nicer things.)

Oh geez, the last 30 days...I purchased in this order:
Doug Ritter Mini Griptilian
CRKT Minimalist
Custom 550 Griptilian through Benchmade
Boker Automat Kalashnikov 74 Tanto
Microtech UTX-70 (30 pocket spyderpac...its knife related so I threw it in here as well)
Boker Automat Kalashnikov 74 Reverse Tanto
Kershaw Tremor

And that concludes my knife budget from saved up + some income tax, won't be getting any others for a while. My next hobby purchases are a few firearms.

Bought or traded?

Spyderco Southard

Benchmade Contego

Benchmade Forum Rift

Benchmade Rift

Benchmade 530

Benchmade 580-1102 LE g10 in m390

ZT 0350

Others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

It should be a lot less than this but so far:

Spyderco Tenacious - for a friend

Kabar Johnson Adventure Pot Belly neck knife - also for a friend

ESEE Izula - sold this one to my brother after a week or so. It's a great knife and I had no complaints but it was sold to fund the next one.

Brous Blades SS Ranger neck knife - this one should be here in a couple of days. I can hardly wait.

A Himalayan Imports 20" Chitlangi khukuri - this one is in shipping and will hopefully be here next week. I'm looking forward to a genuine Nepalese khukuri forged over there rather than the trashy knock-offs I've come across in the past.

Spyderco Tenacious...wanna see what's all the noise about being best bang for the buck at $28 shipped...next month will be the rat 1 if price is right.

But this month:

BM 553, 522 & 556

553 is new, 522 & 556 is used.

Back