What whiskey is best for a well aged Cuban?

DamascusBowie

Gold Member
That would be a Whiskey Warden, it paired beautifully with this 2003 Montecristo.

And I much prefer it over some nambypamby "cigar cutter" :eek::eek::eek::cool::D:D:D

angzRWZ.jpg

DCbp08u.jpg
KbZIUk7.jpg

That’s a nice knife! I had a really hard time choosing between that and the red and black g10 you sold me. It’s an awesome knife! Thanks again

That would be a Whiskey Warden, it paired beautifully with this 2003 Montecristo.

And I much prefer it over some nambypamby "cigar cutter" :eek::eek::eek::cool::D:D:D

angzRWZ.jpg

DCbp08u.jpg
KbZIUk7.jpg

A well aged Monte Cristo is one of the finest cigars ever imho.

As for whisky to compliment it? Not sure I am no whisky drinker afterall.

That’s a nice knife! I had a really hard time choosing between that and the red and black g10 you sold me. It’s an awesome knife! Thanks again

You made my decision for me, thanks :D

I guess it depends on how well aged she is.

In retrospect, I'm guessing you mean cigars

Yeah, I got a box of these from London in 02-03, I smoke about 1 a year or so.

A well aged Monte Cristo is one of the finest cigars ever imho.

As for whisky to compliment it? Not sure I am no whisky drinker afterall.

Hence the Whiskey knife :D

Cheers to all, and a Merry Christmas!

I would think that a big strong cigar flavor asks for a big strong whisky to stand up. Highland or Islay Scotch, non-wheated older Bourbon.

Yum!:)

Great little knife and a fantastic cigar! :thumbsup::cool:

It doesn't get any better than that!:thumbsup:

Let's Drink!:cool:

Jerry:D

I would think that a big strong cigar flavor asks for a big strong whisky to stand up. Highland or Islay Scotch, non-wheated older Bourbon.

Which of those would be mellowest? The cigar has mellowed out quite a bit. Oh, who am I kidding, Im going with Baileys Espresso Crème and a large aeropresscoffee with a shot of haagen dazs white chocolate trio ice cream.
Yum!:)

Great little knife and a fantastic cigar! :thumbsup::cool:

It doesn't get any better than that!:thumbsup:

Let's Drink!:cool:

Jerry:D

I've really enjoyed making satin infi part of my cigar experience, whether its admiring a custom shop blade while enjoying a smoke, or using this sweet edc as a cutter. I agree Bossman, cheers and Merry Christmas to you and yours and all the hogs!

Bourbon lol. Rowan's Creek, Booker's if you like it hot, Stagg, Knob Creek, Eagle Rare, Noah's Mill or Willet. Those I have successfully paired with a variety of cigars in the past.

Don't drink anymore, last I did paired Cohiba habana hecho a Mano with patron anejo. They used to sell them at PGA tournament. Me brother and buddy got in through service gate cause my brother had a connection.b It was a good night.

I'd cut that stick right down the center and take a hair and dirt inventory before I'd pair it with anything. GAFF where you bought it. Fake cubans are what you get 99% of the time.

I'd cut that stick right down the center and take a hair and dirt inventory before I'd pair it with anything. GAFF where you bought it. Fake cubans are what you get 99% of the time.
Typically get real Cubans where they are legal. He bought them on a trip

Typically get real Cubans where they are legal. He bought them on a trip

Im just about certain these are real, my mom brought them back from a trip to London, she bought a box of them at Harrod's department store. I've smoked 7-8 already over the years and they smoke like cubans.

In my experience, cuban cigars have a common highnote, kind of a perfume overtone - it could be all in my mind, Im no expert or connoiseur but every cuban cigar Ive ever tried had that fine perfume aroma on top of a great flavor.

Actually, a good Cuban, would go better with a good well aged rum, in my mind.

Ron Zacapa 23 years old is one of my very favourite rums.
In many cases I prefer rum over whiskey.

Actually, a good Cuban, would go better with a good well aged rum, in my mind.

Ron Zacapa 23 years old is one of my very favourite rums.
In many cases I prefer rum over whiskey.

Actually Zacapa 23 is just ok. But Zacapa XO is amazing and my favorite sipping rum. Still no match for scotch and the complexity within scotch, but not bad.

Back