What you reading right now?

Rainer Maria Rilke - Two Prague Stories. It's interesting, though probably not the best book to read while sitting on a bus to work - too heavy! Reading it in english doesn't help either:)

I think Lee Child needs to publish at least TWO Reacher novels every year. I just finished Dawn Patrol by Don Winslow and working on another of his... The Death And Life Of Bobby-Z. Love that surf genre stuff. :D

Jeff

The Peshawar Lancers by S.M.Stirling
The Year of the Boat by Lawrence Cheek

and the Collected Short Stories of Louis L'amour

Well, since everyone seems to be reading something other than Bladeforums, I decided to curl up with Fibonacci Ratios With Pattern Recognition by Larry Pesavento.

A bit of SF, a look in what might be coming ;)

"Rainbows End" from Vernor Vinge

Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield...

But mostly my new subscriptions to Bike, Mountain Bike Action and BackPacker magazines... :thumbup:

In the Rec room, 'Valor's Trail' by Tanya Huff (A Confederation Novel [sci-fi warfare])

Bedroom at night - A Salty Piece of Land by Jimmy Buffett

Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy
X-ray Photon Spectroscopy
Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy
Scanning Electron Microscopy
Atomic Force Microscopy

exam tomorrow :(

Exam done, back to the fun stuff:

Sun Tzu - Art of War
Machiaveli - The Prince

Loved "Xenocide" Dan. The whole Ender series is amazing. If you love SF, you really should check out Stephen Donaldson's "Gap" Series.

Right now, I'm reading "In The Name Of The Father" by AJ Quinnell.

Sniper One

true story of a British army sniper squad in southern Iran. Not my usual read but it was recommended by a friend and he was right, it was a good read.

Land Of The Spotted Eagle, By Luther Standing Bear.
Boy, the Western Europeans are a bunch of Crackers!

I'm currently in the middle of A Brief History of Timeand The Universe In a Nutshell by Stephen Hawking. Both have proven to be extremely informative if not a little confusing (to an accounting major) at times.

I'm afraid though, that these will be the last two books I get to read for pleasure for a long time as I start law school in a couple of weeks.

ETA: Those reading the Dark Tower Series are in for a treat! King did a great job with those books. The Wastelands is by far my favorite book in the series. Blaine the Mono is great.

If you like those, JerkeeJoe...you'll like this one:

The Fabric of the Cosmos: Space, Time, and the Texture of Reality
by Brian Greene

Generation Kill by Evan Wright. After watching the first two episodes of Generation Kill on HBO, I realized I had the book sitting upstairs.

I've read all the Orson Scott Card "Ender" series.I would also reccomend by him the "Alvin Maker" series.Some of his other stuff I didn't like though.In one the hero became homosexual.

I like most of Dean Koontz's stuff,the freaky science stuff ,not the spooky stuff.

Right now I am reading the Sackett series again by Louis L'amour.

Just finished "Nothing to Lose" by Lee Child
(Jack Reacher series)

Dan

Starts well but becomes bogged down in stereotypes, barely finished it.

Lee should return to the Reacher from the beginning, less superman. Would make for a more thrilling read.

Back