Whatcha reading?

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Right now I just started this one:

Shop Class As Soulcraft
http://www.amazon.com/Shop-Class-Soulcraft-Inquiry-Value/dp/1594202230

517geRI9byL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm at the section about the "Cognitive Value/Demands of Manual Work"...and I can definitely echo his sentiments!!

More recently I've finished:

"Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters" (not as good as Pride/Prej/Zombies)
"Screwed" by Thom Hartmann (non-fiction)
"Black Cherry Blues" by James Burke (Dave Robicheaux series)
"Dead Zero" by Stephen Hunter (Bob Lee Swagger series)

What have you guys been reading lately?

Dan

I finally got around to reading Cody Lundin's 98.6: The Art of Keeping Your Ass Alive! book. Really liked it, so I picked up his disaster/apocalypse book When All Hell Breaks Loose. I'm having a harder time getting started with it... kind of stuck in the early bits where he goes on about attitude and whatnot.

Just finished "Hell's Gate" by John Ringo, currently reading both "Game of Thrones" and a ham radio liscense study guide.

Just had my gallbladder removed and picked up "the Lions of Lucerne", by Brad Thor to pass the time.

Just finished "Hell's Gate" by John Ringo
I really enjoyed this one - might have been the timing, though...I was long overdue for some post-apocalypse.

Just finished two James Patterson,Alex Cross stories, "I Alex Cross", and "Cross Fire".
The series is on my "must read" list....do you like the ones you've read?

Dan

Just finished Don Winslow's Satori which is a prequel to Trevanian's Shibumi which I'm currently reading. Both are awesome reads.

Jeff

Very interesting....I put both on my to-read list.

I finished "Shop Class" and started "The Black Company" by Glen Cook
It kinda just moves along evenly - no real ups and downs - neither boring nor dramatic.
So far so good.

Anybody else read it?

Fevre Dream by George R R Martin - Pretty good so far. Its a different twist on a vampire story. :)

Every knife knut HAS to read The Musashi Flex. Not only does it have knives in it...it has Knifemakers. :D

Since then I've also finished The Moon is a Harsh Mistress and Moon Calling as well as Mutineer.

The Mote in God's Eye - how did you like it? It's on my to-read list....as well as "One Second After"

Just finished Treasure Island -a classic!

And started "The Last American Man" - great stuff to be reading before the hiking trip I'm making end of next week.

Dan

Dan -- Good read. I'm only about 1/3 of the way through it. I'm sure it will dial up from from here.

I got a Kindle for my B-day, so I am reading The Count of Monte Cristo right now. It's much different than the 2 movie versions I have seen.

Glenn

I finished up "The Journeys of Socrates" over the weekend. I liked it but definitely not a thriller.

Dan

I just can't get into Cody Lundin's second book. Good tips in it, but too far away from the wilderness survival stuff I was looking for. First book was great, though. I picked up Mors Kochanski's Bushcraft, so I'll probably read that next. Lots of stuff I already knew, but it's fun to see how someone else does things.

I really need to pick up the Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. I really like medieval fantasy stuff, and everyone says it is absolutely great.

Only good book about the soviet occupation of afghanistan that I could find (The Hidden War). Anyone know of any others, let me know. It's like deja vu watching the news after I read that book.

Have you read The Kite Runner?

I haven't.....just wondering.

Dan

You folks ever read anything by F. Paul Wilson? Repairman Jack, he's the man. Start with The Keep, it's gets you started a little before Jack's time, but good to start in the beginning. Once you get started, you won't be able to put em down. Google it, it's good stuff. I'm getting back into Clive Cussler right now, starting The Spy.
Randy

Back