What's a good watch store in SF?

I'm looking for a place that sells Omega's, specifically the X-33. Price is not a factor.

Hi E_WOK,

If memory serves, the Union Square Macy's has the silly/fun Omega X-33.

"Price is not a factor?" Wow! You da man!
smile.gif

Not sure which X-33 variant you're interested in, but Luxury Square.com is selling Model 3990.50.06 (Titanium case, Kevlar strap) for $1687; suggested retail for it is $2595. For more info, see here

FWIW, I have no affiliation with the company whatsoever. In fact, I've never even done any business with them before at all. Caveat Emptor.

yeedude, that's the one I'm interested in. I went to several stores yesterday, but no one had it in stock. They said they can special order one...

$1687 is one of the lowest prices that I have seen.

For anyone who isn't familiar with this watch, here's a link to Omega's page for it.

E_WOK - I hope you don't mind my asking, but is there any particular reason why you're thinking about getting this watch? To my tastes its an expensive and glorified Casio.

Yes, it's expensive but you only live once. Besides, I like the way it looks. Which Casio are you talking about?

E_WOK: Don't get me wrong; I understand about the spending money for goodies that one wants. I've got, for example, an automatic Omega Seamaster Professional that I use for daily wear.

But what I was trying to say was that spending $1700+ for a digital watch is to me (note the cheesy qualifier
smile.gif
) kinda weird/silly/etc. To me if you're going to spend over $1000 for a watch, it should be a mechanical one with less features, be less accurate and generally weigh more.
biggrin.gif

In any case, I wasn't speaking with any particular Casio model in mind. I was just using it as a relative comparison; hence the "glorified Casio" remark.

Back